Eye Candy 11/25/11: a buncha trucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Candy 11/25/11: a buncha trucks!

One more from '09 Crossroads ZM...a diverse quartet of C-Cabs.

S.

Cool. Looks like it was taken at Santa's summer workshop.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

You know I am loving that shot!!!!!
      Oscar would fit right in there....Although he would need to be one in tow for now...lol.

Comment

Those are the fleet of Phil Harris (front trucks) and Malcomb Berry (rear trucks) from Daytona/Kettering/Fairborn OH.

Phil runs Fairborn Studebaker with Malcolm's assistance. Two of then nicest guys you'll ever meet; as honest and knowledgable as the day is long.

Within the last week or so, we had a picture of Phil and his grandson in the blue truck with a plow on the front, pushing snow down the driveway of his home and Fairborn Studebaker Central. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I think I would like to have about an hour to play under the tarp on that flat-bed loaded on the hauler. I suspect there are some treasures under there that us Studebaker folks live for.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

You got that right, John! BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The shot reminds me of the time my 51 Chevy was to be towed from a town in Wyoming to Salt Lake City for an emergency engine overhaul. After hooking up and hoisting my car the tow truck conked out. They called in a bigger wrecker to haul the smaller one to a local dealer for repair. However, they didn't bother to unhook my car from the smaller tow truck so we had 3 vehicles in a train for a few blocks.
              \"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!\"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
              Jim Mann
              Victoria, B.C.
              Canada

Comment

Working...
              X