58 Packard Station Wagon rear license plate emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 Packard Station Wagon rear license plate emblem

I have a 58 Packard Station Wagon rear license plate emblem. I am thinking about selling it. Is there any interest? Part # 1327535 It goes in the rear license plate light housing above the license plate. It is gold, red, black and white. The part is NOS and looks very nice.

I sold one on ebay two years ago and it had a lot of interest. Do not know if the interest still exists or if the market is dry. Thank you

Let the bidding wars begin. Unobtainium, I do believe, sort of on the level of NOS Superlark tachometers, or complete NOS R3 and R4 engines, with ALL the bits <g> Actually, this is the sort of thing that if a not NOS one (like yours?) could be found, that people with a similar lack would likely overcome any remaining CASO instincts and have a repro made up on a limited run. A similar sort of lack is found in the Kaiser-Frazer fraternity, where the 1951 Frazer fresnel taillight lens are impossible to find. Someone did a hand-done reproduction from a 99.5% perfect NOS lens with one tiny chip hidden by a screw--of course, it is not an exact replica functionally, but it will fool most. They are selling for $600.00 a pair--and selling out fast. For the plastic lens.

If you have the last good unused NOS one left in existence--and it is entirely possible--perhaps discussions should be started here and in Turning Wheels about interest in a replication of this part. Just saying.

Comment

I agree with Jim. Of course, doing so will negate the astronomical bid potential of the last NOS one. It is yours after all.

A few years ago I lucked into a half dozen used - but great functioning Avanti window motors. I'm unashamed to say I paid $12 bucks apiece for them and they all sold for over a hundred on ebay. A couple sold for what the new repros go for, but this was before I or anyone else knew that repros were in the works.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B PEI View Post
        If you have the last good unused NOS one left in existence--and it is entirely possible--perhaps discussions should be started here and in Turning Wheels about interest in a replication of this part. Just saying.
        There ARE repros out there already!!! I don't have the link handy, but I found a place that is doing (did do?) them. I found it by accident while looking for something else last week. I didn't look too hard- I busy with something else- but it looked to me like they do limited runs or something...

just as soon as I can find the link again- I'll post it.
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

This sounds like the same outfit as the 51 Frazer fresnel light lens job. Hope you find that link and can post it

Comment

This place did the Packard wagon emblem...

http://emblemagic.com/packard.htm
            KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
              just as soon as I can find the link again- I'll post it.
              Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
              This place did the Packard wagon emblem...
              http://emblemagic.com/packard.htm
              Thanks- that's the one!!! I don't need to look for it now!!!

StudeDave '57
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I called emblemagic and they do not have them. They have yet to produce them, but are creating a list. If there is enough interest they will produce them but do not know when that will be.

Comment

I put the post on three forums. Did not receive any wants or needs. I will put it on ebay and see if it sells

Comment

Originally posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
                    I put the post on three forums. Did not receive any wants or needs. I will put it on ebay and see if it sells
                    Joe, I hope it does as well or better than the '57 emblem you sold a couple of years ago. The guy that bought that one was just a bit nuts, if you know what i mean!
                    Chip
                    '63 Cruiser
                    '57 Packard wagon
                    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Working...
                    X