Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by Laemmle

Hey,
    Nothing wrong with the quote....the folks in California dance to the sound of a much different exhaust note.....too much Peets coffee, while reading that rag.......aka San Francisco Chronicle..

That's a pretty silly statement. Sort of like painting everyone from Las Vegas with the same brush. You OK with that? Do you really think there is no one on this forum from California, or do you just not care who you insult (from behind your keyboard)?

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Quite possibly this owner may be a product of his time, he apparently
      doesn't know how to care for a car this old and doesn't really want to learn how. What I understood from his story is that he wasn't interested in the car after the new wore off, only the cool factor of owning a vintage sports car. Everyone likes the look at me feeling,
      but it just isn't the same if you are broke down on the side of the road.
      Some people shouldn't be allowed to own a car period, we have all seen the 1000 watt amplifier supported on 2000.00 dollar wheels with
      the exhaust trying to compete with the music.
      My wife, after 45 years ,still can't understand that it is possible to
      change the position of the needle on the gas gauge simply by putting
      gas in the fill tube, she's driven this car since 1962 and still can't
      find it.
      Some of us old buzzards cut our teeth on a wrench, those days are gone forever. I have learned that a studebaker is susceptable to threats much like our children were when they were little. I have often threatened to leave the old girl in the first salvage yard I came to. With 23 trips back and forth across the states, the last from Oklahoma to Florida some 1200 miles, with never a hiccup.
      Then again I grew up in a family of mechanics, it was made clear
      that if you were going to drive it then you better be able to understand it and fix it. The one thing I still can't understand is
      if you have a spare part in the trunk, you will never need it.
      My wife can't understand why I buy two of everything, I tell her when
      this car wears out I'm buying another one just like it. 1 part at a time, no car payments.
      Some people like the " look at that factor " but not the smashed fingers or the skin and hair hanging from the hood safety catch or the
      grease under their fingernails.
      My other car, 90.00 to diagnois, 22.00 parts, labor 7 minutes, the check engine lite went off but the problem was the speed sensor on the
      differential......check engine. Sparkplugs: 370.00 labor, 39.00 parts,
      Not just NO, but hell no, I'll do it myself, 4 hours later, 8 new plugs
      all the same brand and heat range, not what I removed, 5 of one type,
      3 of another. Nothing stripped or cross threaded. I can't stand up straight or breath deeply for three days but I know that It's right
      and that I can do it. Paid the mechanic 3 double shot of scotch and
      a six pack of dark beer, not bad pay for 3 days when your'e retired.
      John

I was approached while sitting at a stop light last week by a very
      gigglie lady in her early seventies. After much arm waving and gently
      caressing the front fender of the Hawk, she bent down and confessed
      " I just love these hawks...I lost my cherry in the back seat of one
      just like this...best sex I've ever had." After she had reached the
      sidewalk she turned and waived. Four horn blasts later I drove on.
      After a quiet four or five minutes the wife errupted into laughter.
      What's so funny I asked. She's right you know, about the back seat, I was just compairing, best sex I ever had too, but I wouldn't want to try it now. So much for the cool factor.

Comment

Quite possibly this owner may be a product of his time, he apparently
        doesn't know how to care for a car this old and doesn't really want to learn how. What I understood from his story is that he wasn't interested in the car after the new wore off, only the cool factor of owning a vintage sports car. Everyone likes the look at me feeling,
        but it just isn't the same if you are broke down on the side of the road.
        Some people shouldn't be allowed to own a car period, we have all seen the 1000 watt amplifier supported on 2000.00 dollar wheels with
        the exhaust trying to compete with the music.
        My wife, after 45 years ,still can't understand that it is possible to
        change the position of the needle on the gas gauge simply by putting
        gas in the fill tube, she's driven this car since 1962 and still can't
        find it.
        Some of us old buzzards cut our teeth on a wrench, those days are gone forever. I have learned that a studebaker is susceptable to threats much like our children were when they were little. I have often threatened to leave the old girl in the first salvage yard I came to. With 23 trips back and forth across the states, the last from Oklahoma to Florida some 1200 miles, with never a hiccup.
        Then again I grew up in a family of mechanics, it was made clear
        that if you were going to drive it then you better be able to understand it and fix it. The one thing I still can't understand is
        if you have a spare part in the trunk, you will never need it.
        My wife can't understand why I buy two of everything, I tell her when
        this car wears out I'm buying another one just like it. 1 part at a time, no car payments.
        Some people like the " look at that factor " but not the smashed fingers or the skin and hair hanging from the hood safety catch or the
        grease under their fingernails.
        My other car, 90.00 to diagnois, 22.00 parts, labor 7 minutes, the check engine lite went off but the problem was the speed sensor on the
        differential......check engine. Sparkplugs: 370.00 labor, 39.00 parts,
        Not just NO, but hell no, I'll do it myself, 4 hours later, 8 new plugs
        all the same brand and heat range, not what I removed, 5 of one type,
        3 of another. Nothing stripped or cross threaded. I can't stand up straight or breath deeply for three days but I know that It's right
        and that I can do it. Paid the mechanic 3 double shot of scotch and
        a six pack of dark beer, not bad pay for 3 days when your'e retired.
        John

I was approached while sitting at a stop light last week by a very
        gigglie lady in her early seventies. After much arm waving and gently
        caressing the front fender of the Hawk, she bent down and confessed
        " I just love these hawks...I lost my cherry in the back seat of one
        just like this...best sex I've ever had." After she had reached the
        sidewalk she turned and waived. Four horn blasts later I drove on.
        After a quiet four or five minutes the wife errupted into laughter.
        What's so funny I asked. She's right you know, about the back seat, I was just compairing, best sex I ever had too, but I wouldn't want to try it now. So much for the cool factor.

Comment

Working...
        X