rear spring length difference.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear spring length difference.

Can any one tell me what the different length is between the early C?K cars and the later GT's and what year was the change? I think the change came in 1958 but not sure, I know when you change the frame on the 53-54 you need to change the rear springs also but was there other years also like 55-57? thanks
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Sure Bob, all of the '55-'57's would have the same "centered differential" SPRINGS and matching frame as the '53-'54, the '58 to '64's differentials are offset to the front.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

So what is the length in inch's between the short ones and the later long ones? what is total length of both?
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Bob, The early springs were approx. 49.250", had a true arch of 5.875" and had eyes that were .8750" on both ends. The 58 and later springs had a larger front eye ( 1.500") and the locating hole was approx 20.250" from the center of the front eye and had a true arch of 4". They were 51.750" long. Now all these dimensions are + or - .250" since the true arch will dictate the length.

Comment

Thanks Alan , I think that fills me in , only about 2" different in total length then, for some reason I thought they were a lot longer...Bob
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Working...
          X