simonsen sun wing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simonsen sun wing help

i recently purchased a 50 champion from a kid that letting it sit and rot. I'm trying to get it back together and figure out what all it needs and my first problem has come up he removed a simonsen sun wing and disassembled it. I wish to put it back on buti can't figure out how it mounted to the roof and the piece is missing on both sides. if anyone has a picture of the mounts that would be a great help or a site that has parts? any help would be helpful

I can not help on the parts. Is that a sun visor? Over the top of the windshield on the outside?

Side note, welcome to the site. Glad to see someone new saving a cool car.

Comment

Just pulled a picture off the web. Apparently, Simonsen Metal Products of Chicago was producing sun visors similar to Fulton in the forties and fifties.

If Badstu could post a photo of what he's got we may be able to determine if the hardware is available.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Working...
      X