New to SDC and heres my lark build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to SDC and heres my lark build

New to the site and im sure some wont like it but here it is anyways....
    Attached Files

Are you building it for the street, track or both?

Comment

Welcome 59, your car looks good, all the best with it, what's important is to have the car you want, doesn't matter what others say. We have our differences but all styles are welcome.
      John Clements
      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

what "avantilover" said...

welcome to the forum, and be sure to check out the Studebaker Drivers Club!!!
        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Welcome to the forum! All my Studebakers are stock, but I like what you have done with yours. Aside from being some of the best "rednecks" (without the drawl)...you Michigan folks know how to build some cool rides!
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Bigger pictures. 300x240 just aint big enough for these tired old eyes. From what I can see, it's awesum.
            BTW, welcome.
            Jerry Forrester
            Forrester's Chrome
            Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Sweet gasser! Takes me back to the day! What's your best strip time so far?

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

59GFL,
                That car is awesome. I LOVE gassers!!! Do NOT worry about anyone who says anything negative, if anyone does that is, since you are rockin a cool Lark race car, IGNORE them!

You have something truely rare and quite unique. You are representing a great race history from Studebaker. They were very much about performance over the years and are still a favorite of some for Bonneville SF racers. MOST people here will love it and would LOVE to be at a drag race and see a Lark roll up to the line.

Big props man.

Comment

I like it! I've already saved some pictures to my computer from another site.

Last edited by 52-fan; 11-20-2011, 12:21 PM.
                  "In the heart of Arkansas."
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

Thank you very much for the replies....I actually had to buy two larks to make one good one. Each lark was 300 bucks and was in my price range since im only 24 haha. I love the way its turning out. It is not driveable yet but does run. Its been a 4 year build so far and loved it. I figured I was saving two larks that would have rusted away to make one good one, better then nothing right. Before I even got the car I had no really clue about studebaker and everything I have learned has brought me to be very interested in them. I think they have very unique body styles which make my build more interesting and different. Thanks again I have tons and tons of pics but not really a computer person haha so its hard for me

Comment

59GFL,
                      If you figure out how to post the pics, maybe even just a link to a hosting site like photobucket, smugmug, etc..I would love to see them all.

Comment

Very cool. I would love to hear it cranked up. I bet it will be the hit at any cruise night you take it too, although with those pipes it may be a strip only machine.
                        Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Yea I will try to get all my pics together and try to set something up so you all can see.... Thanks for the replys

Comment

oh man, that thing is cool times 10. I want a Stude gasser too, and I want to drive it to work in all it's raw glory. You've really hit the mark here with all the right gasser era goodies...tinted windows, blue vht headers, piecrusts etc etc. How much arm twisting will it take to get you to throw and efi setup on that small block with a brace of Hilborn stacks??? That'd be the cherry on the top. What trans you going to run with this puppy? Can't tell from the photos, but are those spindle mount wheels on the front? BTW, welcome to the forum! Regards, Junior
                            sigpic
                            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!! That is one cool car, and it looks like it will be ever better when it's done. That's something I've always wanted to do with a '59 two door Lark, make it a B/FX style drag car. SWEET!!!
                              Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                              X