Need a heater control valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a heater control valve

I evidently haven't asked the right person yet so I'll try a wider audience.

I am looking for a cable operated heater control valve for a 1939 President.
    Relevant part numbers AC 1-80 and 678781.

I will be in South Bend at Ted Harbit's area if you can bring. Used/new I'm not that picky.

Dale McPhearson

Lark Parker aka Trim Trader
    sigpic
    Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Dale, come and see John Caskey or myself at our "Howards Parts booth" at the fairgrounds,I have one you can look at that may work for you.

Frank van Doorn
    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Conv
    1941 Champion R-2 Rod
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Dale, come and see John Caskey or myself at our "Howards Parts booth" at the fairgrounds,I have one you can look at that may work for you.

Frank van Doorn
      1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
      1963 Daytona Conv
      1941 Champion R-2 Rod
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Lark,

I recently shuffled thru the pages of heater valves that NAPA offers. (Dey's got pitcurs even!) I was looking for one for this 61 Cruiser I have and I found what looks like an able substitute for what was used originally.
        Actually, I bought it and another one just because it looked like it might well come in handy one day - both are cable operated.

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Lark,

I recently shuffled thru the pages of heater valves that NAPA offers. (Dey's got pitcurs even!) I was looking for one for this 61 Cruiser I have and I found what looks like an able substitute for what was used originally.
          Actually, I bought it and another one just because it looked like it might well come in handy one day - both are cable operated.

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks Frank, I'll do that.

Biggs, your NAPA must have a better catalog than mine but I did get kind of specific on inlet outlet requirements if I had to go generic. I did pick up a manual valve to use until I get the right one, so thanks for that. I just don't lean on NAPA source as often as I should. They are the only ones that pull out the old catalogs in this small town with four FLAPS.

They stock "Enginekool" (a cooling system additive that aids heat transfer) for $5.99/quart. Rilly gud stuf for the old low pressure systems. Thaat's a lotttttt cheaper than the speed catalog stuff.

It's possible I may not need to use the heater in South Bend. Global warming, you know.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Frank, I'll do that.

Biggs, your NAPA must have a better catalog than mine but I did get kind of specific on inlet outlet requirements if I had to go generic. I did pick up a manual valve to use until I get the right one, so thanks for that. I just don't lean on NAPA source as often as I should. They are the only ones that pull out the old catalogs in this small town with four FLAPS.

They stock "Enginekool" (a cooling system additive that aids heat transfer) for $5.99/quart. Rilly gud stuf for the old low pressure systems. Thaat's a lotttttt cheaper than the speed catalog stuff.

It's possible I may not need to use the heater in South Bend. Global warming, you know.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X