Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#8 Studebaker collectibles (Mobilgas economy run jacket)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #8 Studebaker collectibles (Mobilgas economy run jacket)

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...g?t=1321718994

Believe it is from 1959-61. Will have to look it up again. Actually much to small for me.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Cool! And you found this where.......???
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
      Cool! And you found this where.......???
      I was there though much smaller at the time. I will have to look up my photos of the event.
      Richard Quinn

Comment

Now I remember. It was 1960 and I accompanied Jim Peterson of Altadena, CA. The run that year went from Los Angeles to Minneapolis. The Hawk won its class with 22.99 mpg. This was actually better than the Lark Six at 21.86 mpg. The Lark V8 also won its class at 23.28 mpg.
        Richard Quinn

Comment

Thanks Richard. That sorta provenance makes the jacket more interesting.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Before my weight-obsessed cousin George Krem chimes in, I'll save him the keystrokes:

If the Hawk got 22.99 mpg with those front bumper guards adding weight and disturbing the car's aerodynamics, it would have gotten exactlty 23 mpg without them. <GGG> BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Dick. Fun to see the jacket and the period photo. John in Plover, Wisconsin

Comment

Walter

80 Fiat Spider
                63 Lark Regal 4 Dr. sold 2015
                60 Hawk sold 2017 in England
                56 Golden Hawk
                56 Corvette (John Cougar Mellencamp's C1)
                68 Volvo P1800S
                56 Jaguar XK 140 DHC

http://www.speak-to-doc.de/oldi/

Comment

Working...
                X