Clear All

• starliner62
    replied
    Hudsonbill,

PM sent!!!

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    To: studegary,-------As You said--- '58 Packard hawks AND sedan models use the Saginaw system.

Leave a comment:

• hudsonbill
    replied
    what parts or stuff or you looking for....i have the power steering and the unit with it...
    nebr66@cox.net waiting for reply...

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    I think the parts books reflect that the NOVI unit was out for '58.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bill
    replied
    I don't see the discharge tubes in the rear, so I am assuming this '58 has the Sutton underdash a/c unit instead of the NOVI trunk unit.

Did a purchaser have a choice in the type of a/c unit they got in '58, or did Studebaker-Packard simply use up the supply of NOVI units on hand before switching to the underdash units?

Mr. Bill
    Hamlet, NC

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by starliner62 View Post
    I did not know there was a difference between a 58 Packard an Studebaker power steering set up. Anyway, I am looking for a Power steering for our 58 Commander, preferably a Saginaw. Also could use the front seat mountingbracket/track. I just picked up a bench seat, but the mounts are shot.
    IIRC, in 1958, Studebaker used what I refer to as the Ford system with hydraulic ram and Packard used what I refer to as the Chrysler system with the PS integral to the gear box.

Leave a comment:

• starliner62
    replied
    I did not know there was a difference between a 58 Packard an Studebaker power steering set up. Anyway, I am looking for a Power steering for our 58 Commander, preferably a Saginaw. Also could use the front seat mountingbracket/track. I just picked up a bench seat, but the mounts are shot.

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Originally posted by studegary View Post
    I hope that you realize that a 1958 Packard and a 1958 Studebaker used different power steering set-ups.
    IF one was concerned with originallity, that would be a consideration. If not, it's probably easy to use one in place of the other.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by starliner62 View Post
    I would be interested in the power steering stuff.
    I hope that you realize that a 1958 Packard and a 1958 Studebaker used different power steering set-ups.

Leave a comment:

• qsanford
    replied
    Let's hope the seller finds someone to restore it before he parts it out. That sure is a rare bird, and probably very solid being from Nevada!

Leave a comment:

• acolds
    replied
    I would be interested in the front stainless windshield trim

Leave a comment:

• avantilover
    replied
    Vale Packardbaker.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Hudsonbill, I sent you an email. If you didn't get it, my email is mbstude@gmail.com

I am interested in the complete air conditioning setup.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Andrews
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
    NEVER put your email address in a thread. Now your email inbox will be full of spam.
    What the heck?? I've posted my e-mail many times here and on other forums and have NEVER had that happen. EVER. I've heard of things like this hinted, but never seen it.

Now, don't you silly billies start making up spam to send me at bamslark@yahoo.com Only legit spammers need apply- but be warned, I have sprinkled coffee grounds in all four corners of my home office, so that'll throw off your homing device. That and the coat hangers.

Leave a comment:

• starliner62
    replied
    I would be interested in the power steering stuff.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X