Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1957 Broadmoor - where was it then? where is it now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michidan View Post
    If the photo was from 1980, I'd say those whitewalls were applied about 25 years later, a la photoshop.
    Beautiful car.
    Good point, Dan. I've been staring at them, wondering. They just seem too white; too perfect. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
      Any idea, then, what he wheel-looking object might be along the left side of the image, Dick? It sure looks like a cast Proving Ground Studebaker Wheel, albeit terribly fuzzy. BP
      Bob; I checked the original photo and there is nothing discernible there. Just a blur.
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        Good point, Dan. I've been staring at them, wondering. They just seem too white; too perfect. BP

Wondered how long it would take for someone to notice I cleaned the whitewalls. I also cleaned the ones on the drivers side. A lot easier to do in Photoshop than it is on the driveway.
        Richard Quinn

Comment

Not that it would be accurate by a LONG shot - but has anyone [Matthew] looked at the roster to see how many Broadmoors are listed??? Last time I did such a search, I came up with less than 10 '57 President 2-drs. And of course, there's gotta be few sitting derelict or forgotten, but I'll bet there's not too many!
          Some of you might remember - there was a young lady in the NW that came to the forums seeking advice for a '57 Pres 2-dr that she'd laid claim to. It needed more than she was capable of doing and I suspect the car ended up abandoned just as she'd found it.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Around 2005-06 a young fellow from Norway spoke at a Naples car club meeting about a group of Norwegian car buffs who brought their cars to the US to do a Route 66 tour. He and his family had an Eldorado Biarritz convertible in which they participated and which he and his father had restored. His video and talk were very interesting. I asked if there were any Studebakers in the tour and he replied, "Broadmoor."
            "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

I supplied a lot of parts to one of the cars that was restored and brought to the U.S. for this run. There were no Studebakers. There was one 58 Packard Wagon.....waterfall blue.

Here is their website, do not know if the pics are still there.

http://www.cruise66.com/index.php
              Last edited by 58PackardWagon; 11-18-2011, 06:35 PM.

Comment

There are some pics from their Route 66 adventure, but most of the site's aimed at a Lincoln Hiway tour their doing in 2013. I did find one small pic where I could see a blue and white 58 Pack wagon. Does that thing reside overseas???
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

bummer, eh?

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                  There are some pics from their Route 66 adventure, but most of the site's aimed at a Lincoln Hiway tour their doing in 2013. I did find one small pic where I could see a blue and white 58 Pack wagon. Does that thing reside overseas???
                  There used to be tons and tons of photos along with their daily reports of the trip on that site. I can't find any of it anymore. I was able to save this pic from back then~

There were many others, but that's the only one I loaded into PhotoBucket the last time we talked about that car here. I'll have to find the file I hid the rest of them in. There is at least one other thread about that car on this Forum- but I gave up looking for it yesterday after about an hour of searching...

StudeDave '57
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

That is the one! He had an individual doing the chrome in PA. I sent all of the parts there and when the chrome was done, my parts were shipped with the chrome back to Europe. Car was taken down to bare metal. They did a very nice job. Only thing not done original was the interior. They did not use any 58 cloth....did an all vinyl interior.

Comment

Here's another '57 Broadmoor that was in South Bend in 1988.

Craig

Comment

Keep the Broadmoor pics coming!

Comment

This one belonged to my friend Don Kelstrom in Seattle about 10-15 years ago. That's Don on the right and his partner in crime Bob Carney. This is what Don said about the car in a recent email.

It was a great car to drive and fund to take to swap meets with all my parts. I wish I still had the car, but it was sitting outside and getting the worse for wear, so I sold it to a guy that said he was going to restore it and resell the car. Haven't seen or heard about it since.
                          Richard Quinn

Comment

Working...
                          X