Looking for an R1 Avanti with A/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an R1 Avanti with A/C

Mary Anne, who had a new gold with fawn/elk interior R1 way back when, is looking for another. She decided she'd rather have working A/C than a supercharger. She likes gold best but is open to other colors. Please let me know if any are out there for sale and I'll pass on to her. Of course, one with good hog troughs, frame, and paint and interior is what she's looking for, and also a good runner. She keeps an eye open for eBay. She lives in Kansas but is not above buying one from a distance. Thank you in advance.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

If it is as represented in the ad, this early, low mileage, R1 might be just the ticket for her. It is located pretty close to Kansas and has some nice upgrades:

http://www.jameslist.com/advert/3287...debaker-avanti

If she doesn't like the non-stock wheels/tires, I'll buy them from her or trade her for a set of 4 Avanti wheels with new wheelcovers.

Comment

Thank you, I've forwarded her the information. I spoke with her husband tonight and he's back to considering an R1 or R2, condition is primary, gold first choice, turquoise second, white third, but they want fawn/elk interior, period.
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

According to Bob Johnstone's serial number database, Serial 1036 is currently located in Hudson, FL and is not in the midwest as the Jameslist ad locator star implied.

Comment

That number the seller posted looks like a Body tag (VIN #, 63R01036..)
          64 GT Hawk (K7)
          1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
          X