1957 Studebaker 1 ton truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Studebaker 1 ton truck

I just purchased a 1957 Studebaker 1 ton truck with a short flat bed. Can anyone tell me anything about this truck. I think it is 1541 production.

Welcome to the forum.
    They are a tough truck. Is your new truck a cab a flat bed? They were optional with a pickup box. Any more info would help, engine, trans, ect. Any pics yet?

Comment

Im newer here {cant tell from my post count} but these guys have helped me figure out everything about my truck. Not sure on a '57 but my serial number tag was in the driverside door footwell. It had alot of info on it that helped me determine what it was.

Welcome to the forum. Post up some pics, we love them.

Comment

Welcome!

1957 1 ton trucks came in 2 models - 3E13 (V8) and 3E14 (Commander 6). All had a 131" wheelbase. They could have single or dual rear wheels, If it came with the factory pickup box, it would be a 9' bed. If you post the serial and model number we can tell you a bit more. Posting some pictures would also be helpful.

If you can get copies of the December 1995/January 1996 Turning Wheels, you will have an excellent article written by Fred Fox on the 3E series trucks (57/58).
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

If it is say a 3E-1541 that would just mean that it was the 1541st. Truck of that weight, type, and size built in either 1957 or 1958 depending on the date built.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X