No announcement yet.

What color dash plate on '48 Champion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What color dash plate on '48 Champion?

On a C-5 Regal Deluxe, the dashboard is woodgrained medium walnut. This I know. But on the dash there is a "instrument mounting plate" as the parts book calls it. This is what the three gauge clusters mount into as well as the radio speaker grille. Then this plate (illustration# 2113-80 page 26 in body parts cat.) mounts to the dash. The sides are dark brown. Here's the Question: What color is the face of this plate supposed to be? I have two and they seem to be a kinda pinkish-beige, or I'd say "flesh" color as our old Crayola box called it, but that is no longer politically correct (AND I AGREE). That seems to be a faded color, and some kind of sealer(?) is peeling from it. The un-exposed back or inside of this part is more of a cream color. Does anyone have a nice original, unfaded one to verify for me? 1949 may be the same--although it carries a different part number.

KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

A little help out there...anyone. Anyone?

KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Comment

A little help out there...anyone. Anyone?

KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Comment

That is too tough a question, ask another one!

Seriously, I can't find any [u]COLOR</u> pictures of a 48 Champion dash. I have the 49 Inside Facts book but there are very few color pictures. There are a couple of 47 and 49 Studebakers on the completed listings on eBay. The yellow convertible has all chrome around the gauges and the 47 coupe also looks silver around the gauges.

Leonard Shepherd
        http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

That is too tough a question, ask another one!

Seriously, I can't find any [u]COLOR</u> pictures of a 48 Champion dash. I have the 49 Inside Facts book but there are very few color pictures. There are a couple of 47 and 49 Studebakers on the completed listings on eBay. The yellow convertible has all chrome around the gauges and the 47 coupe also looks silver around the gauges.

Leonard Shepherd
          http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

I believe it to be a tanish-beige. dark cream, light brown, but for the correct name, I have no idea. but we painted ours a light brown, looks good, but correct, don't know.

Ebon...

Comment

I believe it to be a tanish-beige. dark cream, light brown, but for the correct name, I have no idea. but we painted ours a light brown, looks good, but correct, don't know.

Ebon...

Comment

Working...
              X