• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After dinner mint 11-12-11

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

That is a nice coupe.

I have one request for the daily after dinner mint though. For us new knuckleheads who are trying to learn the models better and see how to differentiate between years and stuff....how about posting what it is everyday?

Just a thought for us newer or younger guys starting out with this beautiful car line.

Comment

Also tell us what you had for dinner .

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
        That is a nice coupe.

I have one request for the daily after dinner mint though. For us new knuckleheads who are trying to learn the models better and see how to differentiate between years and stuff....how about posting what it is everyday?

Just a thought for us newer or younger guys starting out with this beautiful car line.
        That's a very good idea. Although it could start a few..uh.."discussions" depending on the clarity of the photo or subject. BTW: This one's a '55. Only year for that front end. It is a C-body.
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I can do that.
          Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO

Comment

Awesome. 1955 C body Hawk coupe because it has posts around the windows,....correct?
            Last edited by kmac530; 11-12-2011, 08:47 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

WOW! looks just like my first Stude A 1955 Champion, mine has a black roof, rust bondo and faded paint. Someday!
              Tom
              sigpic

Comment

That is just.... creamy.
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Way Pretty sharks mouth! !955 was a stunning year for C & K pre Ultra Vista bodies! Not for everybody but who cares?
                  Live your dreams!

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
                    Awesome. 1955 C body Hawk coupe because it has posts around the windows,....correct?
                    Not a Hawk. 1956 was the first Hawk.
                    Since this is an educational thread I thought I'd help. I'm no expert, but I know a little about '55 C-K's.
                    Yes, the 'C' body is the Coupe with the post and the 'K' body is the Hardtop with no post.
                    Jerry Forrester
                    Forrester's Chrome
                    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

That '55 is owned by Indy Chapter SDCer Steve Jones, photographed at the 2009 SDC International Meet in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. It started out life as a Champion, but has been properly "Commanderized!" BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

and it's a deluxe, model, too! Thanks for the post.
                        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

That white over red paint job just screams Studebaker. But then I am somewhat prejudice.
                          Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom and '63 Avanti in Yuma, AZ
                          https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/always-ahead

Comment

Perfect, that is what I was hoping for. I was not sure about the hawk part. Thanks for the clarification.
                            Now I know a bit more about Hawk, Commander, Champion....now if only I can remember this tomorrow I will be great.

Comment

I know that the '55 styling is controversial, but I'd take that car in a New York minute.
                              Rog
                              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                              Smithtown,NY
                              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                              X