No announcement yet.

Just Thinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 1956-1957 Studebaker sedans and the 1957 Packard were in my opinion some of the best looking cars ever conceived by Studebaker. The 1958s, while interesting, look exactly like what they were facelifted for the sake of facelifting and on a shoe-string budget. Harold Churchill should rank among autodom's near-greats for the miraculous introduction of the 1959 Lark, again on a shoe-string budget but with a much clearer outcome in mind.

Comment

You guys have really made Christine mad. When I walked by her, I heard 50's music coming from her radio and it isn't even hooked up. Y'all better start looking over your shoulders.....
      Jamie McLeod
      Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
      1958 Commander "Christine"
      1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
      1955 Commander Sedan
      1964 Champ
      1960 Lark

Comment

I think it needs to be said that IMHO almost every American Car featured terribly botched styling. Take a good look at the senior Buicks or Olds to see what i mean and remember GM had the money and still blew it.
        murray

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
        I do agree that the 57 was no where near as bad as the 58, and I knew I would take some heat from you guys. Like I said earlier, The stylists did what they could with the parameters that they were given. I was just speculating on what they COULD and WOULD have done without the restrictions. If only they had the money the other guys had.....
        Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Comment

Catching up on things over the phone one time,my ex-wife says:' what's with the goofy little car?' -[ 1960 Lark VIII.]
          I have wondered how they came up with the color strip on my 61 Hawk fins- now that wan't copied from the '60 Impala,was it?
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Originally posted by starliner62 View Post
            You guys have really made Christine mad. When I walked by her, I heard 50's music coming from her radio and it isn't even hooked up. Y'all better start looking over your shoulders.....
            She was given the name "Christine" after only minimal effort was used to make her a driver after a 35 year sleep. Watch out. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
              I've always considered the 59/60 GM land yacht convertibles to be some of the most beautiful cars ever made.
              A '59 Olds convertible was my first car. Cost me $450 in 1967. Don't think I could ever elevate it to "most beautiful". Still, wouldn't mind having it in my garage.
              I would definitely put the '57-'58 Chrysler offerings up there.

The Studebaker for '57-'58 was probably one of the best built, engineered and comfortable ever offered by Studebaker but, as far as styling, I find it better looking than the equivalent Chevy, Ford or Checker. Other than the Hawk, '58, '59 and '60 design belonged to Mopar.
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
              X