Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Man, that's one cool machine! Even got a vintage radio. Wonder if it's a Studebaker radio?

Edit to add: If my "research" is right, '33 was the last year of plain horn buttons on all models. Seems '34 was the first year (for some models) to wear a button with some sort of logo or emblem. President models had such. I have a pic of one somewhere here.
    Last edited by Roscomacaw; 11-11-2011, 11:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Andy R.
    replied
    Originally posted by kmul221 View Post
    The owner paid $250. for this delight back in the 50's.I told him I was willing to let him double his money but his wife stopped him.DAG-NAB -IT !

He has begun to restore it to it's former glory.It is a rock-solid car & will be the envy of any Studebaker enthusiest
    True this exotic is every bit worthy of a nut-and-bolt restoration. This car is already the envy of any Studebaker enthusiast, with nothing more than a little clean up. If that's an original survivor, a good clean up and mechanical going over is all I'd do. At least take home a rumble seat full of "Preservation Class" ribbons first.

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    My daughters jaw literally dropped whan I showed her this car. Great reaction.

Leave a comment:

• Steve T
    replied
    Here are a couple more shots of the '33 Prez...

Straight-eight engine

Interior

S.

Leave a comment:

• Andy R.
    replied
    I never thought the '31-'32 President Roadsters could be matched. WOW, was I ever wrong. That canted grille gives a distinct "Mormon Meteor" feel to this stately roadster. Bravo!

Leave a comment:

• mrjazzmillcreek
    replied
    The interesting thing about this car is that it sat for maany years in a leaky barn.About 10 or so yeaRS AGO THE SON OF THE OWNER TOOK AN INTEREST IN THE CAR AND HAS BEEN WORKING ON IT A LITTLE BIT EVERY YEAR AND IS GRADUALLY BRINGING IT BACK TOP ITS ORIGINAL GLORY.aT ONE TIME i NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY AND THE OWNER WOULD NEV ER SELL IT.

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    I speak from experience here, it's really a hoot to drive these upscale cars from this era. While I never got to drive a Stude like this (or even similar), I got to drive a boatload of Packards and Auburns and Cords and Caddies and Chryslers and even quite a number of Deusies. (I won't even go on about all the foreign classic I got to wheel around in) Really marvelous machines for their day. It's too bad there's not an outlet where you could pay to drive one such car a bit. I'm only sorry my time with them ended as the 70s came to a close.

Not crowing that I've been lucky to experience these rolling art pieces - just that my memories hit reload whenever I see a car like this.

Leave a comment:

• kmul221
    replied
    The owner paid $250. for this delight back in the 50's.I told him I was willing to let him double his money but his wife stopped him.DAG-NAB -IT !

He has begun to restore it to it's former glory.It is a rock-solid car & will be the envy of any Studebaker enthusiest

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Forgive me Lord. I just broke that "thou shalt not covet" rule again.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    replied
    Oh, man - I'd drive it in a New York minute!

Leave a comment:

• Eye Candy 11/10/11: 33 President Speedway Convertible

Not often seen these days...largely-original 33 Prez, uncommon even when new and one of very few in Canada. This marvel visited the SDC Hamilton gathering at the Grimsby Museum this past August.

S.
Working...
X