Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

South Bend Mayor doesn’t remember Studebakers!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young punks!
    (I remember when I was one, too...)
    Jeff
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Perhaps I am missing something but I interpreted it differently and inoffensively. I took it to be entirely an age thing. As I read it the Mayor did not remember Studebakers in the same way I don't remember the Great Depression. I wasn't born yet. It doesn't mean he or I don't have a historical knowledge or either. Just that he wasn't around to have first hand memories.
      And what about my idea of making the Office of the Mayor, not just this mayor but whoever holds the office an honorary lifetime member? What are the channels to go thru to get that done? I think a TW showing up in the mayors office every month would be a good thing.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaBear View Post
        Perhaps I am missing something but I interpreted it differently and inoffensively. I took it to be entirely an age thing. As I read it the Mayor did not remember Studebakers in the same way I don't remember the Great Depression. I wasn't born yet. It doesn't mean he or I don't have a historical knowledge or either. Just that he wasn't around to have first hand memories.
        And what about my idea of making the Office of the Mayor, not just this mayor but whoever holds the office an honorary lifetime member? What are the channels to go thru to get that done? I think a TW showing up in the mayors office every month would be a good thing.
        All good & positive suggestions!!! I can assure YOU the TOP people in our Club have read ...or will be reading your comments in this thread and hopefully they will be looking in it doing the follow-ups!!!

Keep it positive ...keep it improving ...keep it constructive ...but most of all keep our Club moving forward (Avanti) -> -> -> into the NEXT 50 Years!!!
        Last edited by Welcome; 11-11-2011, 07:16 AM.

Comment

So quite a few of you old duffers remember the Pike! As do I. We were always warned to avoid the 'jungle' at the west end of the Pike. If you haven't been to Long Beach since then, you would not recognize anything! It's all new now.
          D 'N Q RACE ENGINES

Comment

Working...
          X