• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck Candy

Here is some more. Dusty
    Attached Files

Dusty Taylor

Nice pics dusty.
    That first truck really makes think of my dad. He LOVES that rootbeer type of colors. He has always loved anything in the brown color family. Beige to chocolate, rootbeer to rust, bronze to taupe, cream to caramel.... If it fit in the brown color spectrum we had a car that color growing up.

My dad was a car painter since the 50s and we would buy a perfectly good blue or red car with a carmel or beige interior...it was 2 tone brown n gold or brown and tan the next week.
    My dad is 70 with 3 knee replacements and waiting for another one {no he does not have 4 legs, but I think my mom has called him a dog before} and is all but crippled, yet, His current truck is 2000 ish Nissan Frontier Xcab. It was red when he got. In the 5 years or so he has owned it he has custom made a rear roll pan for it, frenched the tail lights, shaved anything he can shave, custom grill, custom wheels, and oh yeah, painted it ROOTBEER metalic. Similar to truck #1.

He also LOVES wire wheels. He should have owned stock in Appliance back in the 70s and 80s because he bought alot of their rims. He even had a set of those fake wire wheels, remember those wheels that were sort of a smoothie chrome rim with maybe some triangle cut outs and a fake wire basket that fit over the center part of the rim and had a fake knock off that spun on to hold the basket on? Yep we had a set of those to on a VW beetle no less with a custom fiberglass '40 ford hood and grill on it.....life at my house was never boring...except for the brown....

Nice trucks, thanks for posting them and my personal trip down memory lane.

Comment

Hi if your dad likes rootbeer here is some more.
      Attached Files

Dusty Taylor

Comment

Working...
      X