No announcement yet.

1950/51 Stude squad car in California.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950/51 Stude squad car in California.

http://copcardotcom.fotki.com/whats-...oli.html#media

Enjoy
    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Interesting hood two-tone! Kind of a "reverse-skunk" look

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

A '50 Champion four door. Strange the police didn't opt for the Commander engine. Must have been for parking violations.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
        A '50 Champion four door. Strange the police didn't opt for the Commander engine. Must have been for parking violations.
        In all fairness: with the notable exception of Cadillac, Chrysler and Oldsmobile; no OHV V8 was even offered back in 1950 and precious few police agencies opted for any of the above so a Champion was an acceptable patrol car. I doubt it was that much slower than a Chevy Stovebolt Six or Flathead Ford V8
        --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

The Commander 6 was twice the Champion engine 245 cid, and with OD had good gearing. That Champ would be no match for other 6's or a flatty ford 8.

I wonder.... Ever out run that one dad?

Comment

Working...
          X