Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Avanti ever have carpet in the trunk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Avanti ever have carpet in the trunk?

I have a 63 R-2 and it has remnants of black carpet in the trunk. I can't find it new anywhere and wondered if it is something the PO added. Thanks Tom

Yes...black carpeting was standard. Later on Avanti Motors started with black and then went with carpet that matched the interior.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Calling it carpet is a bit generous, IMHO.
      More like fuzzy burlap, but yes, it is in there. And compared to most early 60s cars, quite nice.
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Anybody know where I can get it?

I have checked with the usual outlets and they have interior carpet but nothing for the trunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
          I have checked with the usual outlets and they have interior carpet but nothing for the trunk.
          Check with Jim Lawrence of FBN Upholstery...304-337-8693. That's where I got mine from.
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

You could check with Don Simmons at Silvertone Exhaust. He had several sets made up several years back. He may still have a few.

Comment

Early Avanti's had carpeting on the bulkhead between the trunk and gas tank, too. There's a complicated little piece that goes over the latch, that's a nice touch. I know I've seen both early and late versions for sale.
              Mike M

Comment

I sell it for $200/$30 UPS, bound in vinyl were the factory did it.
                JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                X