• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Trucks

Custom Trucks. Dusty
    Attached Files

Dusty Taylor

Nice rides. The C/gas and fuzzy dice on that purple one is an odd combination. The posted ET seems much to quick unless it was a very short track..
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Most local {well many anyways} race clubs run 1/8th mile now. The top speeds are much lower which makes it substantially safer for insurance purposes. Then there is the room to do it. There are quite a few local clubs that use a big parking lot on weekends to run rallyecross and drag events. To run 1/8th mile is not only half of the race track, but way less run off area for braking. A dial in bracket time of 8.55 in the 1/8th is about a 13 second 1/4 mile truck {ish} which is still very fast for a 50+ year old truck that looks to be street legal. Very respectable.
      My last Harley Davidson would run a 7.90 dial in the 1/8th and ran mid 12s in the 1/4. That is where I am getting my 13 ish second, guess on that truck.

Nice mix of trucks in those photos. Three tanstars, and M and a Champ. Cool. I like the wires on the Champ. But my favorite part is the shorts on that person in the pic next to the primered transtar with the slits in the hood. Awesome shorts. I really hope that pic is from the 80s. The same person likely built that transtar and the Merc {?} next to it because the hood has the same slit styling.

Thanks for the pics. I love pics. It really helps with ideas for my own build, both what I like and what I dont like, lol

Comment

That was me in the shorts 1985.

Comment

Working...
        X