No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in a late, big truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone interested in a late, big truck?

I've known this trucks ever since I missed buying it in 1991. It's an 8E something ('63-64). Looks like a one and a half ton. V8 5spdOD tranny - flat bed - currently registered and driven maybe 4 or 5 times a year.
    The owner called me outta the blue the other day - someone had given her my Ph# and said I was the guy to ask about how to sell such a thing. She was unaware that we'd talked in years past, and that I'd even sold her parts to keep it going.
    I do know the truck's ALWAYS been here in the central valley of California. Last time I looked at it close, it still looked really solid and fairly straight. The owner's only ever used it to haul garbage to the local landfill - so it's not like it's been pampered. Still - you don't find these on every corner, and the V8 5spd OD is a cool driveline in itself. I know she'd take $3K for it - maybe even less as she's anxious to sell it.
    I can get a Ph# if anyone is interested.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Oh my! That would be so much better to haul the wife's 5th wheel instead of the 62 Champ. I just informed her of the 66 Cruiser addition last week. Not sure how receptive she'd be on another so soon!!
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Ugh, why now. I'd love to have it. But having been out of work for several months and just getting a new job three weeks ago
      isn't the right time.
      I wonder what the wheelbase is on something like that.
      George King
      Grants Pass, Oregon
      64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Please get a phone number and any photos that you could post here. Thanks.
        Mike

Comment

But Warren, this truck would be offically for HER right? We should never turn down a gift right?

If you need a hand going to pick it up let me know, I love road trips and Visalia is a beautiful place. I even know how to get to Rosco's house....

Comment

Working...
          X