Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff T.
    replied
    I was watching it on ebay too. Thought about buying it for the drivetrain to replace the six in my 62 Lark but too many other things to do: finish the patio, paint the dining room, keep growing child in clothes that fit

Jeff T.

ps. If you decide to fix it I have a spare windshield and a hood or two down in the barn, if you decide not to...

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    Fred, That car is super cool. Too bad they ruined the hood opening it. I was watching that car on ebay, I almost bid on it, but my wife said....well you know what a wife says when MOST of us want to ADD another project to the pile. Not until I get my new kitchen you promised me before the La Salle, the yamaha, the BMW P2D, the jet ski.....women....22 year old kitchen, its fine.

Leave a comment:

• ozarkman
    replied
    Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    'Looks like you're having a lot of fun, Fred, without having to spend megabucks. 'Glad it runs and drives. Congrats.

I trust it has more oil pressure than what's indicated in Post #21, right? <GGG> BP
    hahaha, well yeah! She had almose 80psi at one point! Click on the pics, and they'll link to my photobucket videos.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    'Looks like you're having a lot of fun, Fred, without having to spend megabucks. 'Glad it runs and drives. Congrats.

I trust it has more oil pressure than what's indicated in Post #21, right? <GGG> BP

Leave a comment:

• ozarkman
    replied
    Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
    We...was Rose in on this adventure?
    She was up at church, parking cars for the Razorback game. $15 each car. Proceeds go to the youth group.

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    We...was Rose in on this adventure?

Leave a comment:

• ozarkman
    replied
    Videos...click on the pics to see:

Well we got fuel to her, and she idles!

Of course, I couldn't just let her idle, so I put her into gear and went for a short drive...look, the right brake light is good!

The idle was a bit high, I managed to get her off fast idle. Justin caught up by that time and jumped in. We continued on down the drive, where I stalled her on the road!

Made it up to the top of the hill...you should always drive up hill when testing an old Stude, cause they are easier to push home that way...and had a nice cruise. She sounds like she's idling a little better...don't ya think?

It was a perfect afternoon to tinker with a Stude!
    Last edited by ozarkman; 11-12-2011, 06:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1962larksedan
    replied
    There is a poster in California who has a NOS 1962 hood. He is brngarage. I wanted to buy it for my 1962 Lark Y4 but am tight with funds at the moment

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Tell that to my wife.....

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
    It is amazing how much fun some of us have with old junk.
    <snip>

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    It is amazing how much fun some of us have with old junk. Tinkering on something like that can be very satisfying without any worries about correctness or scratching the paint. Have fun!

Leave a comment:

• ozarkman
    replied
    Well the wife wasn't home this evening, so I decided to bring in a few things and clean some parts.

So I got my trusty manual...it was no help...

The car wasn't charging in the limited testing I did last weekend. But I decided to go ahead and check out the voltage regulator. It's pretty dirty:

Someone's been in it before, the different size screws are a giveaway that someone has already been in this thing once.

The contacts on the battery terminal are a bit pitted and don't make contact well. The other 2 are just a bit dirty.

I straightened and bent the thing, then took some 400 grit and some 800 grit paper to the contacts. I went ahead and cleaned up the remaining 2 sets of contacts, but really had to work the battery contacts. Then I took the screws out of the clamp terminals, and cleaned them up with 400 grit.

Gonna toss it back on the car tomorrow and hope for the best!

So my plans are to pull the busted radiator, straighten the bent U bracket, grab the radiator from the Daytona(it's on a shelf if the shop) and put it in the 4 door, fill it with antifreeze, and hope the block holds water!

If it does, then I'm hooking up a fuel can to the fuel pump, and I'm gonna see if she idles. Then I might try driving her up and down the driveway.
    Last edited by ozarkman; 11-11-2011, 10:05 PM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• ozarkman
    replied
    Originally posted by Orestudeguy View Post
    Looks like a nice project. Good luck with it.
    If you can't find the parts you need, I am parting out a 62 Lark 4 door with a good front-clip, including the hood. The two front doors are good as well.
    The car is being parted because vandals busted the windshield, kicked in the two rear doors and ruined the roof by jumping up & down on it.
    Wow...sorry to hear they damaged you car so badly! I appreciate the offer for the sheet metal. I'm gonna wait and see what I end up doing.

Originally posted by cultural infidel View Post
    Would love to see pics of this one from back in the day. Looks like it had a killer paint job.
    I looked around, but it was gone by the time we got up there to pick this one up.

Leave a comment:

• cultural infidel
    replied
    Originally posted by ozarkman View Post
    Sorry Carl...it was a bit out of my price range...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
    Would love to see pics of this one from back in the day. Looks like it had a killer paint job.

Leave a comment:

• Orestudeguy
    replied
    Looks like a nice project. Good luck with it.
    If you can't find the parts you need, I am parting out a 62 Lark 4 door with a good front-clip, including the hood. The two front doors are good as well.
    The car is being parted because vandals busted the windshield, kicked in the two rear doors and ruined the roof by jumping up & down on it.

Leave a comment:

• ozarkman
    replied
    Originally posted by ST2DE5 View Post
    I can't believe you left that 48 there. You should have brought it home.
    Sorry Carl...it was a bit out of my price range...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Leave a comment:

Working...
X