X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52-fan
    replied
    Originally posted by ST2DE5 View Post
    I can't believe you left that 48 there. You should have brought it home.
    If Fred does like I did once, he'll keep thinking about the other one until he goes back....or he could give you the location Carl.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Purdy
    replied
    I can't believe you left that 48 there. You should have brought it home.

Leave a comment:

• ozarkman
    replied
    Yeah, but she needs a little more than the hood. Both front fenders are rusty, the grill/radiator support is damaged from said forklift, bottom tank of the radiator is crushed, the left rear fender is also swiss cheese, needs a new front drivers side floor, and then there's the colision damage in the rear. The driver's side A pillar is loose, and the C pillar is almost rusted out as well.

On the plus side, I think she'll run, the column shift feels nice and smooth, the only broken glass is the windshield, and the seats recline.

Leave a comment:

• 41 Frank
    replied
    Heck Fred hoods aren't hard to find, maybe even in Arkansas! Studebaker International has racks full of them too.
    Originally posted by ozarkman View Post
    Thanks for the info Frank. I guess I'll just have to measure the drums and see what I have.

I'm also a little bummed at how damaged the hood is now. The eBay pic showed it as in good shape. I guess that's what happens when you pry one open with a forklift!

Leave a comment:

• ozarkman
    replied
    Thanks for the info Frank. I guess I'll just have to measure the drums and see what I have.

I'm also a little bummed at how damaged the hood is now. The eBay pic showed it as in good shape. I guess that's what happens when you pry one open with a forklift!

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Smooth drums on V8s is very common. 62V says it all. A six would bear 62S.

Leave a comment:

• 41 Frank
    replied
    My 63 Lark Daytona does not have finned drums and has always been a V-8 car.
    Originally posted by ozarkman View Post
    So it looks like a late, 62, 259 full flow. I didn't think the full flows were out until '63? The funny thing is that the title says it's a 6, and the brakes agree. The drums aren't finned. Are non finned drums common on V8 Larks?

Leave a comment:

• ozarkman
    replied
    Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
    The vin on the door post says 62S? or 62V? Full flow blocks came into production around april 1962. My 62 Daytona has the original engine with a full flow block. Same goes for my 62 Champ. Wish you all the best with your new car!
    Body tag says 62V-Y4. And the vin also starts with 62V.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    The vin on the door post says 62S? or 62V? Full flow blocks came into production around april 1962. My 62 Daytona has the original engine with a full flow block. Same goes for my 62 Champ. Wish you all the best with your new car!

Leave a comment:

• dusty taylor
    replied
    Looking good Fred have fun with it. Dusty

Leave a comment:

• ozarkman
    replied
    So it looks like a late, 62, 259 full flow. I didn't think the full flows were out until '63? The funny thing is that the title says it's a 6, and the brakes agree. The drums aren't finned. Are non finned drums common on V8 Larks?

Leave a comment:

• ozarkman
    started a topic My eBay 62 Stude (pics...lots)

My eBay 62 Stude (pics...lots)

Well we made the trek up to Nebraska to pick up my eBay score. Left at midnight on Saturday, and was back by 11pm! That was a long trip...I don't recommend doing it alone. My buddy Justin went with me as Rose couldn't get away.

Tow rig parked at work:

On the ground...now with 4 tires that hold air:

Ready to load:

Used a manual winch to pull her up, the trunk popped open half way up!

Strapped down and ready to travel!

Proud new owner:

All I know is it's an 8:

Oh...look what's peeking out under the rear of the engine on the passenger side, no not the block heater...look lower. It's white:

I just couldn't take it anymore...I had to try her out...swapped in a fully charged battery, she spins, but no fire. Grounding the points side of the coil produced a beautiful spark. Nasty points just need a little 400 grit followed by some 800. I had spark, now I just needed fuel. This can should do it!
Working...
X