My eBay 62 Stude (pics...lots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My eBay 62 Stude (pics...lots)

Well we made the trek up to Nebraska to pick up my eBay score. Left at midnight on Saturday, and was back by 11pm! That was a long trip...I don't recommend doing it alone. My buddy Justin went with me as Rose couldn't get away.

Tow rig parked at work:

On the ground...now with 4 tires that hold air:

Ready to load:

Used a manual winch to pull her up, the trunk popped open half way up!

Strapped down and ready to travel!

Proud new owner:

All I know is it's an 8:

Oh...look what's peeking out under the rear of the engine on the passenger side, no not the block heater...look lower. It's white:

I just couldn't take it anymore...I had to try her out...swapped in a fully charged battery, she spins, but no fire. Grounding the points side of the coil produced a beautiful spark. Nasty points just need a little 400 grit followed by some 800. I had spark, now I just needed fuel. This can should do it!

So it looks like a late, 62, 259 full flow. I didn't think the full flows were out until '63? The funny thing is that the title says it's a 6, and the brakes agree. The drums aren't finned. Are non finned drums common on V8 Larks?

Comment

Looking good Fred have fun with it. Dusty

Dusty Taylor

Comment

The vin on the door post says 62S? or 62V? Full flow blocks came into production around april 1962. My 62 Daytona has the original engine with a full flow block. Same goes for my 62 Champ. Wish you all the best with your new car!
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
          The vin on the door post says 62S? or 62V? Full flow blocks came into production around april 1962. My 62 Daytona has the original engine with a full flow block. Same goes for my 62 Champ. Wish you all the best with your new car!
          Body tag says 62V-Y4. And the vin also starts with 62V.
          Attached Files

Comment

My 63 Lark Daytona does not have finned drums and has always been a V-8 car.
            Originally posted by ozarkman View Post
            So it looks like a late, 62, 259 full flow. I didn't think the full flows were out until '63? The funny thing is that the title says it's a 6, and the brakes agree. The drums aren't finned. Are non finned drums common on V8 Larks?
            Frank van Doorn
            Omaha, Ne.
            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
            1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
            1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Smooth drums on V8s is very common. 62V says it all. A six would bear 62S.
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks for the info Frank. I guess I'll just have to measure the drums and see what I have.

I'm also a little bummed at how damaged the hood is now. The eBay pic showed it as in good shape. I guess that's what happens when you pry one open with a forklift!

Comment

Heck Fred hoods aren't hard to find, maybe even in Arkansas! Studebaker International has racks full of them too.
                  Thanks for the info Frank. I guess I'll just have to measure the drums and see what I have.

I'm also a little bummed at how damaged the hood is now. The eBay pic showed it as in good shape. I guess that's what happens when you pry one open with a forklift!
                  Frank van Doorn
                  Omaha, Ne.
                  1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                  1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                  1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Yeah, but she needs a little more than the hood. Both front fenders are rusty, the grill/radiator support is damaged from said forklift, bottom tank of the radiator is crushed, the left rear fender is also swiss cheese, needs a new front drivers side floor, and then there's the colision damage in the rear. The driver's side A pillar is loose, and the C pillar is almost rusted out as well.

On the plus side, I think she'll run, the column shift feels nice and smooth, the only broken glass is the windshield, and the seats recline.

Comment

I can't believe you left that 48 there. You should have brought it home.

Comment

Originally posted by ST2DE5 View Post
                        If Fred does like I did once, he'll keep thinking about the other one until he goes back....or he could give you the location Carl.
                        "In the heart of Arkansas."
                        Searcy, Arkansas
                        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by ST2DE5 View Post
                          Sorry Carl...it was a bit out of my price range...
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Comment

Looks like a nice project. Good luck with it.
                            If you can't find the parts you need, I am parting out a 62 Lark 4 door with a good front-clip, including the hood. The two front doors are good as well.
                            The car is being parted because vandals busted the windshield, kicked in the two rear doors and ruined the roof by jumping up & down on it.
                            George King
                            Grants Pass, Oregon
                            64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Sorry Carl...it was a bit out of my price range...
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
                              Would love to see pics of this one from back in the day. Looks like it had a killer paint job.
                              1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X