• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuban Car Site - Stude's Included!

OK, As long as you like modifieds and customs

http://www.cubaautos.org/studebaker-cars-in-cuba
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
    OK, As long as you like modifieds and customs

http://www.cubaautos.org/studebaker-cars-in-cuba
    I'm glad to see them all saved, BUT.
    As homely as the '55's front ends are, I don't think that Cuban Commander H/T is much of an improvement. I know the Cubans have to make do with what they got, but I'm just saying ........
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Ugly wheels seem to be the unifying theme here. The front end & paint job on the '55 was espescially tasteless, but then I am not a fan of customs in general. Like Jerry said, they haven't had a lot to work with.

Comment

They got the 50 and 51 models backwards.
        Jon Stalnaker
        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Ditto what Sdude said plus They sure screwed up a good 55.

The Golden Hawk is sure nice looking tho.

Dean.

Comment

I think it's function over form in Cuba. They do what they have to to keep the wheels turning.

Comment

Originally posted by dean pearson View Post

Dean.
              Coupes are not golden hawks, but then again maybe in Cuba they are one never knows with a Studebaker, some say you could order anything to make a sale.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Originally posted by dean pearson View Post

Dean.
                Of course we don't know what the front of that '55 looked like before those "modifications." Like Matt says for them it may well be form over function as they certainly can't pick up the phone and call on vendors in the states to get the proper parts.
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Cool exhaust ! . . . . . .

Comment

While the '55 may not be the best of front ends mod we have ever seen, who knows maybe the thing T-boned a cow and was seriously trashed. Maybe that was the only grill he could find locally. You gotta give him some credit for the fit and effort that went into making that grill and frontend work with that car.

Other than being labeled wrong the '50 and '51 {or '51 and '50} are in good shape. The Goldenhawk coupe {?} is in good shape and well maintained for what he must have to work with, or does NOT have to work with.

Very tough place to live, I give them alot of credit for their resourcefullness and desire to have something they have pride in.

My father-in-law has been to Cuba a few times for business and I have friends who are refugees from Cuba, I can not imagine the life most people have to live over there. I am sure it is not the worst place in the world to live, but definately a tough place. It sure stinks when politics forces people to live a life I am sure most of them would otherwise not choose.

Comment

Working...
                    X