X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After dinner mint 11-05-11

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Now that is a different approach to a Lark paint scheme and I like it a lot.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Ah yes! Pretty Lark belonging to John and Diane Crooks. Wonder what those wheels are from?
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Fronts appear to be from a Mopar. Can't tell what the back ones are from.
        Carey
        Packard Hawk

Comment

The fronts are definitely Mopar Rallye wheels. I remember sourcing some for a friend's '65 Barracuda.
          The rears look vaguely familiar...Chevy Citation?
          Andy
          62 GT

Comment

Looks like a center cap from AMC ?
            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Does any one know if those front Mopar rims are sbp or bbp?
              1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

I like the car. My daughter and wife love the color scheme. All of us agree the rims are a bit of a misfit to the look of the car. Not picking on it, just saying I think it could look even better with some more OE looking wheel covers or a simpler wheel. Kind of alot going on with the rims for a simple clean looking car.

Nice colors and an interesting paint scheme taking the body lines and continuing them with the 2 tone.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatheadGeo View Post
                  Does any one know if those front Mopar rims are sbp or bbp?
                  If I was to guess they are a 4.5" bolt pattern.
                  Tom
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Tom. That is what I thought but wasn't quite sure! I have two extra ones from my Valiant and if I get two more I can use them on my 57 Champion. They look really good!
                    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Pretty sure those rears are off a late AMC Matador. They were optional, I believe. I saw a set of these on a junkyard Matador about two years ago. I couldn't snag them that day, and the car had been fed to the crusher by the time I got back a few days later.
                      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I have been looking at this car and imagining other color schemes using that pattern. I think almost any other top contrasting color with the same lower color and pattern would look great. I'd love to see one in red, black, navy, bright orange...you name it. One of the best I have ever seen.
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Never thought of creating a paint break on the Lark that would echo the sculpture of the earlier C/K models. I like it and think it would lend itself to more highly contrasted colors.
                          Brad Johnson,
                          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by FlatheadGeo View Post
                            Thanks, Tom. That is what I thought but wasn't quite sure! I have two extra ones from my Valiant and if I get two more I can use them on my 57 Champion. They look really good!
                            Well if they were the same I have two from a 70ish Dart that look alike, never could find two more so gave up. They are 14" that I have.
                            Tom
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X