Old Studebaker sign, age? worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Studebaker sign, age? worth?

A man today came by my shop with this old sign and wanted to know the age and worth. the sign is heavy steel and porcelain and weights 8 lbs, it is 24" high and 20" wide and is a double sided sign, it has a chipped corner and some rust around the holes at top, he is interested in selling it so lets start with age and what it might be worth then move on to selling it .

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

1920's $375.00

Comment

What's it worth?

Put it on eBay with a low starting bid and a reserve.

To me...that is the best way to find out.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
        What's it worth?

Put it on eBay with a low starting bid and a reserve.

To me...that is the best way to find out.
        John I can always do that if needed but since it is not mine I will see what I can come up with this way, I will be taking it to our chapter business meeting today and get some feed back there, I am in luck that way since a few of our members are very well versed in the Studebaker world, Fred and Linda Fox, Carl and Hermon Thoms, Diane Glew, and Gay Wittenberg, I was hopping Richard Quinn would see this post and speak up , all ready have one person asking about it once a price is set, I think it is quite old and still rather nice for the age.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
          John I can always do that if needed but since it is not mine I will see what I can come up with this way, I will be taking it to our chapter business meeting today and get some feed back there, I am in luck that way since a few of our members are very well versed in the Studebaker world, Fred and Linda Fox, Carl and Hermon Thoms, Diane Glew, and Gay Wittenberg, I was hopping Richard Quinn would see this post and speak up , all ready have one person asking about it once a price is set, I think it is quite old and still rather nice for the age.
          Hey Bob, what a meeting of distinguished Studebaker folks (including you)! I'd respect the opinion of any of you regarding the value of anything Studebaker. I have a feeling that any fair priced established for that sign would be more than a CASO like me could afford.
          Last edited by jclary; 11-05-2011, 08:02 AM. Reason: 'cause I hit some key that mysteriously posted before I had completed my reply...dang it!
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

That is a very old sign , somewhere it the late teens or early 20's . I'd peg it at least $750 but most likely would bring more on ebay as John has said.
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I am by no means an expert on its value but I'm betting it will bring over a grand if put on evil-bay. I've seen single sided signs of similar shape go for 750-800 bucks.

That being a 2 sider will add some value over those I used as an example.
              http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

I would be interested in this sign if it becomes available. It would look great in my garage alongside my 1928 dictator and 30 commander. Please keep me informed if it does end up on ebay or if a price is decided on for this great sign
                thanks

Wayne Smith email: waynesmith78(nospam)@hotmail.com remove (nospam)

Comment

Wayne, the owner wants $400.00 for the sign, but I have one other person that asked first so I need to send him the offer...Bob
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

I would be interested in talking to him. If you see him again, my number is 361-564-9150, Goliad, Texas.
                    Thanks, Greg Chapman

Comment

Sign is sold, paid for and packaged ready to mail tomorrow.
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

Working...
                      X