• Show
Clear All

• VCR @ Studebaker York Swap Meet

First, apologies for this lengthy thread. Click image for larger version

Name:	SYSM LOGO.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	1734259

The Keystone Region is expanding a Studebaker tradition of Valve Cover racing by introducing it to the Studebaker York Swap Meet March 1-3, 2012. We want to enhance this events visitor and vendor experience. This is our first foray into this venture and we welcome comments, pro and con, from forum members on the venture. I've used (OK, plagiarized) the SVCRA (International Studebaker Valve Cover Racers' Association)

Tom Ehrhart

"All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

$10 ENTRY FEE??? CASO here, through and through. For what? But more importantly, how are you gonna get the kids involved? If you're gonna have an entry fee at all, make sure the kids only have to pay a buck. I'm serious. This is a great way for kids to feel a part of the SDC doings. If you have to go out and buy wheels for your VCR, you've already spent some real change. Let 'em play!
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

The North Carolina SDC chapter has been doing valve cover racing for years. Always a lot of fun to watch.

I'm hoping finances allow me to make it up to York next year. If so, there's a NOS Stude OHV 6 valve cover hanging in the garage that would make a neat racer.

That or I have a Sunbeam valve cover awaiting a buff job. It belongs to some guy named Tom Ehrhart. I don't think he'll mind.

Comment

Yup, buck a kid is a great incentive for the kid. Plus how'bout a dollar off for the parent/guardian who sponsored the kid.

Comment

That Beam VCR will run great as long as its shine produces a glaring beam. TT

Comment

Working...
            X