November 2011 Turning Wheels!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 2011 Turning Wheels!!

My copy came in the mail today & just giving the covers a quick look I couldn't open it fast enough! The front cover shows a Daytona just like mine, except mine was made with a white vinyl top. I have wanted to replace it with a black top & now I know I must. It just looks stunning.

The back cover shows the interior of a wagon from the tailgate area forward & its the first 66 I've seen where the glove box door moulding (almost) lines up with the radio face plate. The white interior looks fantastic in this shot.

With all the color now used its hard to imagine how every issue leapfrogs ahead from the last. We are so fortunate to have Ann & Art Unger along with the host of contributors who monthly inform us & keep the shine on our marque! I dont think I've ruined the surprize because this month's issue offers so much, what I've said it just the tip of the iceberg. Enjoy!!
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

I am one of the ones who's been waiting for an updated 1966 article with great anticipation. I'm grateful to Fred for updating the article and expanding on what was in the 1986 article. It's a real treat to read something newer than 25 year old stuff!
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
      The back cover shows the interior of a wagon from the tailgate area forward & its the first 66 I've seen where the glove box door moulding (almost) lines up with the radio face plate. The white interior looks fantastic in this shot.

I dont think I've ruined the surprize because this month's issue offers so much, what I've said it just the tip of the iceberg. Enjoy!!
      The back cover shot won't be a surprise to most of us who frequent the Forum: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...highlight=reno

Craig
      Last edited by 8E45E; 11-02-2011, 05:02 AM.

Comment

That's not all. There's more to the 1966 story. Watch for Part II in the February issue.

That host of contributors includes Craig Parslow whose excellent photography sometimes graces our covers.
        Last edited by monomaniac; 11-01-2011, 03:36 PM. Reason: missing info

Comment

I guess in Canada we will see this sometime in January!

Comment

Warren , I don't know if a black vinyl top would look good with a red interior , in fact I don't think Studebaker offered that combination.
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Bob There is one parked in a barn near Vineland,it is a 6 cylinder

Comment

Originally posted by mrjazzmillcreek View Post
                Bob There is one parked in a barn near Vineland,it is a 6 cylinder
                But I think that one your talking about is either black or blue....not white.
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Perhaps the black top wouldn't have been what Studebaker offered, but being all white looks too appliance like to me. I thought it would grow on me but this picture with the black top is soooooooooooo beautiful!! Now, if mine were a red car, then the white top would be top notch. If I went that far I might as well go with a complete white interior too!! That wagon interior picture really gets one thinking.........
                  59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                  60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                  61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                  62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                  63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                  63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                  64 Zip Van
                  66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                  66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I got mine on Tuesday. My first TW ever since I am new to the SDC.
                    I cant help but drool over the retractable top wagons. My daughter and I really like those. I would to see a Laek wagon, with the top pushed forward, back seat down and a nice KTM dirt bike sticking up thru the roof.....argggg {girggling drooling sounds}.

Comment

It nice that you folks in California and elsewhere have gotten your Nov, TW's already.....I'm still waiting for mine to show up here in the "Zone".....the latest it has been in quite awhile! Is there any other "Zonian's" on here and if so, have you gotten yours yet?

Comment

Working...
                      X