Matt's wagon, I'm done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
    So if this is out of line please just say so, and I would totally understand not wanting to post it in public,
    BUT, what did you end up having to give for Penny?
    Just say MYOB if you want to. Just curious.
    With the price of the car, paying to have it trucked to JP's house, paying him for getting the car mobile, and shipping to my house, I'll have just under $2500 in her.

Comment

Mathew that is a steal of a deal. Hey nice rear emblem. A little easier to find than the Packards. I absolutely love your wagon. Best of luck with the car and keep us posted on its progress.

Comment

I know what the paperwork says, but the more pictures of that car I see- the more I think it is gold. Dad's is coppertone, and looks nothing like that!!! But then again- it could be one of those colors (like my 'Baby') that photos differently in different light...

StudeDave '57
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Hey Matt, let me know when you wanna sell it.

Comment

It's certainly less "copperish" than my old '58. I'll know for sure once I get the car here. I'm betting the color label is still on the bottom of the glove box.

Keith, you've already got one super cool Stude. You don't need another. But I will at least park it beside your Hawk all during next year's cruise in season.

Comment

Seems like a really good deal Matt. When does it arrive at your house?

So since it may not be the Coppertone color and may actually be a gold, the name Penny may be out huh? Goldie Hawn? Gilda?

Comment

OK Matt! It is now up to you. Hopefully JDP got his shower before having to load the wagon this morning! I just love waking his butt up!!!!!!
                What a neat looking wagon by the way. You are going to have fun with this one!

Comment

Thanks Peg!

Looks like the Broadmoor will be here this weekend. Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                    Thanks Peg!

Looks like the Broadmoor will be here this weekend. Can't wait!
                    so we can expect more pictures?
                    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by cultural infidel View Post
                      You bet! I'll start a fresh thread when it gets here, and add updates as I get the car on the road.

I've got all the new brake system parts laid out on a table, along with a rear hub puller. Also cleaning stuff, a buffer with various polishes and waxes. I'm ready.
                      Last edited by mbstude; 11-04-2011, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cultural infidel View Post
                        Gee, I hope not, I carefully posed the car to not show the basketball sized rust everywhere. BTW Matt, be careful of the flat tire in the tire well. When I popped the hub cap, a very large spider crawled inside the tire. (Not kidding BTW)
                        JDP Maryland

Comment

You bet! I'll start a fresh thread when it gets here, and add updates as I get the car on the road.

I've got all the new brake system parts laid out on a table, along with a rear hub puller. Also cleaning stuff, a buffer with various polishes and waxes. I'm ready.

Is it there yet?! I am impatiently waiting (as Im sure you are as well) for more pics!
                          1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Hey Matt, let me know if ya need a hand doing anything. I need to get my hands dirty by something other than airplanes.

Comment

My theory is you will find half of one wheel cylinder working. On the rears, you might need to remove the brake lines and wheel cylinder bolts to allow the frozen pistons to get out of the way and unlock the shoes. Check the emergency brake too, it's frozen.
                              JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by StudHawk60 View Post
                                Hey Matt, let me know if ya need a hand doing anything. I need to get my hands dirty by something other than airplanes.
                                If you want a job where you wont get your hands real dirty, just a little dirty, come and take the speedo out of Frosty (OcrappyOnes's new name for the Studebaker formally known as 'Rustobaker') and disassemble, clean, lube,re-assemble and re-install it. I took him for a test drive yesterday but had to stop 1/4 mile from the shop and disconnect the speedo. It was making a hellactious racket. Just need lube, I hope.
                                Jerry Forrester
                                Forrester's Chrome
                                Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Working...
                                X