Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 Packard wagon , 62 GT auction results

Well, I struck out...

Packard- very complete; fenders, doors, rockers, quarters all bad; came with one NOS fender (LF)... engine stuck, last inspection 1971 carpets shot; seats, door panels, headliner dirty but probably usable... I went to $2600, sold for $2700.

GT- Very complete; V8 4-spd., ran recently; replaced LR quarter (NOS); floors, rockers, hog troughs all severely rusted; dash with tach, clock, full guages very good; buckets with console complete and sound, upholstery shot; headliner and interior panels dirty but usable... I went to $1450, sold for $1500.

63 Daytona wg. complete but super-rough and rusty; OHV 6 Auto; parts only... sold for $325 (didn't bid).

Much more tomorrow, including pics; plus, Packard buyer offers car to me...

More to come!

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

Sounds like you quit bidding a bit higher than I would have taking into account shipping and hassle involved.

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Lark HT-60Hawk
    59 3E truck
    58 Starlight
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Sounds like you quit bidding a bit higher than I would have taking into account shipping and hassle involved.

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
      63 Avanti R1
      63 Daytona convert
      63 Lark 2 door
      62 Lark 2 door
      60 Lark HT-60Hawk
      59 3E truck
      58 Starlight
      52 & 53 Starliner
      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

$2700.00 for a roller, WOW they had a good turn out I'm guessing.

Randy_G
        1959 Lark Sedan
        www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

Randy_G
          1959 Lark Sedan
          www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

Not really; at least not for the cars. On the Packard it was just me and the buyer. On the GT there were about 4 bidders, but after $800 it was just me and the buyer.

I felt I stayed in plenty long enough on both; especially considering, as JP said, the hassle and moving involved.

It should be noted that the above prices do not include the 10% buyer's premium either[xx(]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

Not really; at least not for the cars. On the Packard it was just me and the buyer. On the GT there were about 4 bidders, but after $800 it was just me and the buyer.

I felt I stayed in plenty long enough on both; especially considering, as JP said, the hassle and moving involved.

It should be noted that the above prices do not include the 10% buyer's premium either[xx(]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

OK, Here'e the Packard:

This may sound funny to you, but this car had presence! Really wowed me for some reason, even with all the rust and rat turds[:0]

I had said I was bringing it home regardless. That meant I was willing to pay way more than I should, never mind the actual value. Bu that has to have it's limits! JP buys based on resaleability; I buy based on what I want; and a Packard wagon right near the top of my want list! However, this one needed so much that I would have just stuck it in my building and left it for I don't know how many years till I could get to it[V] So that's a few grand tied up at a time when I'm spending MAJOR bucks expanding my business![B)] I was still willing to do it, but I had to set a limit somewhere. Judging by the interest there I thought I might get it cheap; but you can't know that till it actually sells... I was disappointed, but was consoled by the fact that as I helped the buyer load it, I saw that the frame was SEVERELY rusted- at least the whole area from the rear axle back...

About that buyer: He seems like a great guy; a Packard collector. He's got a few Packards, including a show-winning 55 conv. He was told about this one by a fellow Packard Club member, and told me he only came to make sure it was saved. He said if I wanted it for what he paid I could have it; but with 10% fee and sales tax he was over $3k in it, and I told him that was more than I wanted to pay... He says he's just going to put it into storage himself, and if someone wants it he'll sell it for what he's into it to a good home; I have his info if anyone's interested.

In the end, I passed b/c I still have the 4 dr. Lark apart, plus the Provincial to get drivable (the car Momma loves!), and Molly the Lark wagon that's going to be a driver for now, but do want to redo- all before this car would be touched... add to that full-time job, business expansion and employees, family, vacations, etc... [xx(]

GT- Based on my pre-auction conference with Gary, and the condition (major rust underneath), and the fact that GTs don't particularly ring my bell, I feel I bid, as we say in the car business, "all the money"... and maybe a little more. Sorry, no pics; wasn't much to see anyway.

Wagonaire- very complete, but literally looks like it had been sitting in a swamp since it's last inspection in 1969[xx(] Went to a guy who dabbles in Stude and Olds parts, and will part it out correctly without waste; so I stayed off it. Thought about asking to buy the tailgate step loop off it, but don't need it, and he'll know what it's worth... I'd expect to see stuff from this on eBay in the coming months...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

OK, Here'e the Packard:

This may sound funny to you, but this car had presence! Really wowed me for some reason, even with all the rust and rat turds[:0]

I had said I was bringing it home regardless. That meant I was willing to pay way more than I should, never mind the actual value. Bu that has to have it's limits! JP buys based on resaleability; I buy based on what I want; and a Packard wagon right near the top of my want list! However, this one needed so much that I would have just stuck it in my building and left it for I don't know how many years till I could get to it[V] So that's a few grand tied up at a time when I'm spending MAJOR bucks expanding my business![B)] I was still willing to do it, but I had to set a limit somewhere. Judging by the interest there I thought I might get it cheap; but you can't know that till it actually sells... I was disappointed, but was consoled by the fact that as I helped the buyer load it, I saw that the frame was SEVERELY rusted- at least the whole area from the rear axle back...

About that buyer: He seems like a great guy; a Packard collector. He's got a few Packards, including a show-winning 55 conv. He was told about this one by a fellow Packard Club member, and told me he only came to make sure it was saved. He said if I wanted it for what he paid I could have it; but with 10% fee and sales tax he was over $3k in it, and I told him that was more than I wanted to pay... He says he's just going to put it into storage himself, and if someone wants it he'll sell it for what he's into it to a good home; I have his info if anyone's interested.

In the end, I passed b/c I still have the 4 dr. Lark apart, plus the Provincial to get drivable (the car Momma loves!), and Molly the Lark wagon that's going to be a driver for now, but do want to redo- all before this car would be touched... add to that full-time job, business expansion and employees, family, vacations, etc... [xx(]

GT- Based on my pre-auction conference with Gary, and the condition (major rust underneath), and the fact that GTs don't particularly ring my bell, I feel I bid, as we say in the car business, "all the money"... and maybe a little more. Sorry, no pics; wasn't much to see anyway.

Wagonaire- very complete, but literally looks like it had been sitting in a swamp since it's last inspection in 1969[xx(] Went to a guy who dabbles in Stude and Olds parts, and will part it out correctly without waste; so I stayed off it. Thought about asking to buy the tailgate step loop off it, but don't need it, and he'll know what it's worth... I'd expect to see stuff from this on eBay in the coming months...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Thanks for the pics and excellent discription of the sale and the action between you and the buyer.

Comment

Thanks for the pics and excellent discription of the sale and the action between you and the buyer.

Comment

I am currently putting a registry together on 58 Packard Wagons. I would love to talk to the new owner and find out the vin and body #. Glad to see if got into good hands. Thanks for the update pics and review of the car. Did it have a third seat? Any odd options outside of the roof rack? Please advise. Thank you

58 Packard Wagon (Parade Red)
                        58 Packard Wagon (Park Green)
                        58 Packard Hardtop
                        58 Packard Sedan
                        57 Packard Wagon
                        62 Daytona
                        63 Lark Custom 2 Door Sedan R2

Comment

I am currently putting a registry together on 58 Packard Wagons. I would love to talk to the new owner and find out the vin and body #. Glad to see if got into good hands. Thanks for the update pics and review of the car. Did it have a third seat? Any odd options outside of the roof rack? Please advise. Thank you

58 Packard Wagon (Parade Red)
                          58 Packard Wagon (Park Green)
                          58 Packard Hardtop
                          58 Packard Sedan
                          57 Packard Wagon
                          62 Daytona
                          63 Lark Custom 2 Door Sedan R2

Comment

Those Packard wagons sure are pretty gosh durn nifty. You definitely wouldn't see yourself coming and going [8D].

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Those Packard wagons sure are pretty gosh durn nifty. You definitely wouldn't see yourself coming and going [8D].

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X