Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#6 Studebaker collectibles (1928 salesman's incentive award)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #6 Studebaker collectibles (1928 salesman's incentive award)

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...g?t=1320161827

Matthew B. made an inquiry re these pins recently. These were awarded to salesmen in 1928 who had met a certain
    sales quota. Generally vehicles were given a point value i.e. Presidents 10pt, Commander 8pts, Erskine 5pts etc.
    Incidentally the name on the silver pin is S. M. Hollander (a little hard to read).
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Those are cool ....never seen any of them before.
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Dick, all these things are a treat to see - most of us being unaware of their existence prior to your sharing. After 20 years of looking and asking - even descendants - all I've got to show of the local dealer is a license plate frame and a key fob. And they were a Stude dealer from 1937 to 1965.

I'm guessing there's no way you could recall the circumstances of every score you've made so far as these collectibles go, but how about a little recount of some of the ones you DO recall? Ones you stumbled upon - ones you tracked fro a time on a flimsy lead - ones that were a nice bonus to buying out some old dealer inventory - gotta be some cool stories for this limited audience of Studebaker nuts!
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Do you think is was for a watch fob or chain?

Comment

Thanks Mr. Quinn. For your email last night regarding these, and this post. Great stuff!

Comment

I recall seeing one of these 1928 President awards in the famous Doc Barnes pin collection some years ago but never had the opportunity to own one. There were some interesting sales awards for that particular year including the Studebaker Sheriff badge along with the Studebaker Constable badge. I only have a "Gridiron Contest" sales banner from that year for meritorious performance awarded by the Studebaker Corporation to a East Coast Dealer.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
            MELBOURNE.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
              Dick, all these things are a treat to see - most of us being unaware of their existence prior to your sharing. After 20 years of looking and asking - even descendants - all I've got to show of the local dealer is a license plate frame and a key fob. And they were a Stude dealer from 1937 to 1965.

I'm guessing there's no way you could recall the circumstances of every score you've made so far as these collectibles go, but how about a little recount of some of the ones you DO recall? Ones you stumbled upon - ones you tracked fro a time on a flimsy lead - ones that were a nice bonus to buying out some old dealer inventory - gotta be some cool stories for this limited audience of Studebaker nuts!
              My interest in collecting Studebaker memorabilia began in 1965 here in Melbourne when my boss gave me a Studebaker International ashtray along with a matching Zippo lighter which began a 45 year hobby.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
              MELBOURNE.

Comment

Working...
              X