• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tjanowia
    replied
    distributor clips

Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman View Post
    Email sent
    Thanks to Anne the tach should be spinning again soon. Thanks to all. It's amazing how helpfull and knowledgable everyone is on this site. Thanks, Tim

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    Email sent

Leave a comment:

• tjanowia
    replied
    distributor clips

PLEASE let me know if you wish to part with them. My e-mail address is tjanowia@southbendin.gov

Leave a comment:

• Welcome
    replied
    Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman View Post
    Well I found them. They are from a 1958 Goldenhawk parts car that we had.
    WOW ...you people out there in Kal-ee-forn-ia have it all!!!
    Hopefully you and Tim (the OP) will get together and work out the exhange details. Thanks!!!

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    Well I found them. They are from a 1958 Goldenhawk parts car that we had .

Leave a comment:

• Welcome
    replied
    11.1.11 UPDATE

DIRECTLY BELOW - is CLIP (p/n 537365) for attaching Tach Sending Unit to a DELCO & some others. It is also shorter & wider than Clip (p/n 1541385) used only with AUTO-LITE distributor.

DIRECTLY BELOW - is CLIP (p/n 1541385) for attaching Tach Sending Unit to an AUTO-LITE

Good luck all!!!

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    That drawing looks exactly like one half of a clip for a 56J. It is simply a 2nd clip, added to the (identicle) first clip, and fastened together by a small cotter pin. I will look at a Stude Delco, and compare with a 56J later today. I may be mistaken, but it looks the same.

Joe H

Leave a comment:

• tjanowia
    replied
    distributor clips

My car came with just the regular clips and the tach pick-up was missing when I got it. I got the pick-up from Jim Maxey and he told me they are a two piece clip but I've never seen one. Another guy in town told me they used to make them. Thanks for any help. It's kind of neet to have the tach working.

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    I will check my stash tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• dean pearson
    replied
    Very cool, Only here can you get such a level of expertise!

Note the direction of grain in the stock an even hardened afterwards.

Don't think I have ant though, Sorry.

Dean.

Leave a comment:

• dean pearson
    replied
    Got a pic. of one ?

I have buckets of stuff I don't know what is used for.

Dean.

Leave a comment:

• Welcome
    replied
    Originally posted by tjanowia View Post
    Does anyone know where to get the longer distributor cap clips for a 58 Golden Hawk with a tach sending unit? Thanks I'm sure.
    Believe you have a Delco distributor, and yes those clips are more difficult to come by than the ones for an Auto-Lite.

Good Luck!!!

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    If they are same as for 56 Golden, they are simply two "regular" clips, linked together by a cotter pin. Of course, you would need four regulars total, two for each side.

Leave a comment:

• tjanowia
    started a topic distributor clips

distributor clips

Does anyone know where to get the longer distributor cap clips for a 58 Golden Hawk with a tach sending unit? Thanks I'm sure.
Working...
X