Salvage Studebakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvage Studebakers

I have mentioned I spend 1 day a week helping a local yard prepare vehicles for crushing.These are the last 2 Studebakers left in the yard and both will be gone in 2 weeks.Not much left on either.On the truck I am thinking the doors,running boards,fenders and part of the grille.Wagon it's side trim,steering wheel,upper gate and grille assemblies.
    Attached Files
    Mono mind in a stereo world

About 20 years ago, I took a 56J carcass to a local junk yard in the California desert. It looked like a plucked chicken, but I still hated to do it. Last summer my bro-in-law, on vacation in TN, saw a 57 Golden Hawk on a trailer, lined up to enter a junk yard. He said it looked fairly complete. I guess sooner or later our cars and ourselves are gonna wind up in that big Studebaker park in the sky.

Joe

Comment

How good is the dash chrome on that 54? Also, the front bumper looks pretty straight in the pic. . .
      Dave Nevin
      Corvallis, OR
      1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
      Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

'Certainly appreciate what you are doing to save what you can of these parts cars/trucks, Bob. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Ha the joys of salt, I only use it on my french fries.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Do you know how much they are looking for the upper tail gate? How far is the part from Minneapolis?

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
              Ha the joys of salt, I only use it on my french fries.
              I know California is known for nice, rust-free examples, but I've heard they do use some salt in the higher elevations, like Mt. Shasta. Is this correct?

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                I know California is known for nice, rust-free examples, but I've heard they do use some salt in the higher elevations, like Mt. Shasta. Is this correct?

Craig
                Same thing here in Arizona: ADOT is starting to use road salt in the Flagstaff area due to its extremely cold winters.............never mind said salt is starting to cause problems with the vegetation there.
                --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I'd like to have the body tags off of both of them!
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The brake drums and shoes might be of use to someone. I read in the new SI catalog that they were looking for certain drums and shoes.

Comment

I would love to buy the stainless hood center strip off the M truck. Yes, I know it's bent.

You already mentioned the side trim/belt line mouldings on the Wagon.
                      Last edited by mbstude; 11-02-2011, 10:24 AM.

Comment

NO! Don't sell that stuff to Burnette! He'll just remove ANY trace of it's hard-won patina!
                        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Those bumper gaurds are one year only, might be worth saving.
                          Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

i`d save the truck doors just cause of the Tiger face paint job on them . . . .

Comment

Ya know, I missed that, but they ARE cool!

I'd almost put it on my office door to keep the riff-raff out.

Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
                              i`d save the truck doors just cause of the Tiger face paint job on them . . . .
                              Ron Dame
                              '63 Champ

Comment

Working...
                              X