Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• riversidevw
    replied
    I'm feeling that something is missing in my life... a mostly original or well-restored Commander Conestoga or '56 to '58 senior wagon!

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
    Here is the PO and a pic of my Broadmoor Matthew. Tomorrow is my Broadmoor's 55th Bithday!
    Wow, power windows and seats, she's loaded, very nice.

Leave a comment:

• StudeMichael
    replied
    I have not done much Matthew. It does run and stop now though!

Leave a comment:

• Carl Purdy
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
    Here is the PO and a pic of my Broadmoor Matthew. Tomorrow is my Broadmoor's 55th Bithday!
    Looks 150% better without the bumper guards.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    I was just on the phone with Rene Harger. He said there's a Tiara Gold Broadmoor with black and white interior local to him in Knoxville, Tenn. So there's twice as many as I knew about before.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Michael, I remember drooling over your car a few years ago when Lee Skelly owned it. Have you done any more work to it?

Leave a comment:

• StudeMichael
    replied
    Attached Files
    Last edited by StudeMichael; 10-28-2011, 10:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Thanks guys. I'm more than excited to get this thing.

Plans are to definitely drive it to South Bend for the International next year.

Colorado Springs is too far to plan, but definitely being considered.

Now, where'd I put that old longboard...

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    "Goldie" - sounds like a good name for a broad ------- moor. There's a Pres Classic in Tiara in the LA area. I almost bought it a decade ago. Wish I had - $1500 and was being driven daily.

Leave a comment:

• ozarkman
    replied
    Congrats Mathew!! I saw my first Broadmoor at the Springfield meet. It looks like that would make a really nice ride!

Leave a comment:

• silverhawk
    replied
    Wow, nice score Matt!! And welcome to being a S.W owner, you'll never go back!

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Wonder how long it will take Matthew to put a surfboard up on the roof?
    Jeff

Leave a comment:

• 56H-Y6
    replied
    Hi Matt

Congratulations! Good for you deciding on the rarer Broadmoor, hope it turns out to be a good experience. I notice it has a number of options: automatic transmission, power steering and brakes, front bumper guards, spoke-style wheelcovers, two-tone paint, Climatizer. When you have the build order, please give us a report on your findings.

Now, here's a motivational idea to really get you going: the National Meet is in Colorado Springs in 2013, also the location of your new acquisition's eponymous Hotel (quite a tony place, by the way).
    So, have your Broadmoor ready to drive to the Broadmoor Hotel in 2013, park it on the varous circle drives in front and take multiple photos for a 'Tailgating with Matthew' feature!

I plan upon attending the show day, I visit family in Colorado annually. Looking forward to seeing what shows up in the shadow of Pike's Peak.
    In my files somewhere is a snapshot of a black and yellow Broadmoor parked in a shopping center lot in 1987, still being used as an everyday car.

Steve
    Last edited by 56H-Y6; 10-28-2011, 05:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Neil
    replied
    57 Gold Studes

Back in the mid 60s there was a 57 2 dr commander in the hawk gold color with black n white interior that someone owned inthe near by town of Mcalisterville Pa for many years. I drove my brothers 57 4 dr commander with 3 speed stick to high school while he was in the service and used to stop by an look it over. Never found out who owned it.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
    Do those bumper guards in the center of the front bumper belong there?
    I have been trying to I.D. those and the best I can come up with is '46 Pontiac rear Guards. Whatever they are, they are not correct, and probably not Studebaker.
    IMHO I do not even like the stock vertical guards as shown on this one on the '57's and '58's, I will be removing the ones on my Broadmoor.
    Most '57 Presidents seem to have these, which do nothing for the look of the front end.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X