57 President, Diamond in the rough ? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
    Has anyone ever seen another one of these in Tiara Gold?
    You may be right on the color, I'll look under the glove box when I get it

http://www.raylinrestoration.com/Stu...olors.htm#1957
    JDP Maryland

Comment

You see Tiara Gold on probably half of the '57 Golden Hawks extant. But I've never seen that color on any sedans or wagons, except this one.

Doesn't matter anyways. There's no way that old dead paint will take a shine.

Last edited by mbstude; 10-27-2011, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
        You see Tiara Gold on probably half of the '57 Golden Hawks extant. But I've never seen that color on any sedans or wagons, except this one.

Doesn't matter anyways. There's no way that old dead paint will take a shine.
        Cool, I'll scuff sand it for you in prep for a repaint.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Do those bumper guards in the center of the front bumper belong there?
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Yea, right..

She's already got a name. "Goldie" seems to fit. Only seems right, 1 for the color, 2 since you found the car and your connection to Goldie the R2 Hawk.

I don't think I'll sleep until the car's here in my garage. And then I probably still won't sleep.

Edit: Kurt, I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
              Do those bumper guards in the center of the front bumper belong there?
              I have been trying to I.D. those and the best I can come up with is '46 Pontiac rear Guards. Whatever they are, they are not correct, and probably not Studebaker.
              IMHO I do not even like the stock vertical guards as shown on this one on the '57's and '58's, I will be removing the ones on my Broadmoor.
              Most '57 Presidents seem to have these, which do nothing for the look of the front end.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

57 Gold Studes

Back in the mid 60s there was a 57 2 dr commander in the hawk gold color with black n white interior that someone owned inthe near by town of Mcalisterville Pa for many years. I drove my brothers 57 4 dr commander with 3 speed stick to high school while he was in the service and used to stop by an look it over. Never found out who owned it.
                NEIL G.

Comment

Hi Matt

Congratulations! Good for you deciding on the rarer Broadmoor, hope it turns out to be a good experience. I notice it has a number of options: automatic transmission, power steering and brakes, front bumper guards, spoke-style wheelcovers, two-tone paint, Climatizer. When you have the build order, please give us a report on your findings.

Now, here's a motivational idea to really get you going: the National Meet is in Colorado Springs in 2013, also the location of your new acquisition's eponymous Hotel (quite a tony place, by the way).
                  So, have your Broadmoor ready to drive to the Broadmoor Hotel in 2013, park it on the varous circle drives in front and take multiple photos for a 'Tailgating with Matthew' feature!

I plan upon attending the show day, I visit family in Colorado annually. Looking forward to seeing what shows up in the shadow of Pike's Peak.
                  In my files somewhere is a snapshot of a black and yellow Broadmoor parked in a shopping center lot in 1987, still being used as an everyday car.

Steve
                  Last edited by 56H-Y6; 10-28-2011, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Wonder how long it will take Matthew to put a surfboard up on the roof?
                    Jeff
                    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Wow, nice score Matt!! And welcome to being a S.W owner, you'll never go back!
                      Dylan Wills
                      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                      1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                      1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Congrats Mathew!! I saw my first Broadmoor at the Springfield meet. It looks like that would make a really nice ride!

Comment

"Goldie" - sounds like a good name for a broad ------- moor. There's a Pres Classic in Tiara in the LA area. I almost bought it a decade ago. Wish I had - $1500 and was being driven daily.
                          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm more than excited to get this thing.

Plans are to definitely drive it to South Bend for the International next year.

Colorado Springs is too far to plan, but definitely being considered.

Now, where'd I put that old longboard...

Comment

Here is the PO and a pic of my Broadmoor Matthew. Tomorrow is my Broadmoor's 55th Bithday!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by StudeMichael; 10-28-2011, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Michael, I remember drooling over your car a few years ago when Lee Skelly owned it. Have you done any more work to it?

Comment

Working...
                                X