Finished Project Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Project Pictures

Howdy All, Thought I would post my final project pics. Thanks All for all your help in answering questions, and giving encouragement as things progressed! Thanks Again! Tim

<div align="left">Tim Stevens Big Sky Country, Montana '59 4E7-122 '59 Silver Hawk '57 Parkview Wagon '41 Double Dater Coupe</div id="left">
    I own time machines.....

I bet that was a time consuming job encasing all those wires.

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

I bet that was a time consuming job encasing all those wires.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

To say the least, it was an adventure! Hope to never do it again! [xx(] That wasn't as time comsuming as all the polishing of everything from the cast aluminum heater cover, to all the wiring clips, washers, nuts, even my radimeter cable!

<div align="left">Tim Stevens Big Sky Country, Montana '59 4E7-122 '59 Silver Hawk '57 Parkview Wagon '41 Double Dater Coupe</div id="left">
        I own time machines.....

Comment

To say the least, it was an adventure! Hope to never do it again! [xx(] That wasn't as time comsuming as all the polishing of everything from the cast aluminum heater cover, to all the wiring clips, washers, nuts, even my radimeter cable!

I own time machines.....

Comment

Where did the cast aluminum heater cover come from?

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Where did the cast aluminum heater cover come from?

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

It is a stock Studebaker, early style truck heater. Most if not all, the R Series trucks came with this style heater. I always liked the earlier style heater cover with the S logo diecast into it. The E series just had a flat sheetmetal cover with a small Studebaker sticker on the face of it. So I decided to swap the original E Series for it.

I own time machines.....

Comment

It is a stock Studebaker, early style truck heater. Most if not all, the R Series trucks came with this style heater. I always liked the earlier style heater cover with the S logo diecast into it. The E series just had a flat sheetmetal cover with a small Studebaker sticker on the face of it. So I decided to swap the original E Series for it.

I own time machines.....

Comment

Reminds me of neighbor who works for the town, he was in love with Mercury and had one customized, then he re-powered it with an Oldsmobile engine. Seems the town over bought on blue wire, for what I do not know, but every wire in the car was blue. Not like yours incased, but every single wire was blue. Worse yet, none of the wires had any markings on them to tell where they started, and where they ended.

BG

Comment

Reminds me of neighbor who works for the town, he was in love with Mercury and had one customized, then he re-powered it with an Oldsmobile engine. Seems the town over bought on blue wire, for what I do not know, but every wire in the car was blue. Not like yours incased, but every single wire was blue. Worse yet, none of the wires had any markings on them to tell where they started, and where they ended.

BG

Comment

That must have been a sloooow wiring job, one wire at a time!

I own time machines.....

Comment

I own time machines.....

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studemaker

I do not know how long it took him, but all the wires were neatly bundled, all ran parallel, and every turn was a perfect 90 degrees.

Some guy said to him, if there is ever a short, you will know it is a blue wire.

BG

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studemaker

I do not know how long it took him, but all the wires were neatly bundled, all ran parallel, and every turn was a perfect 90 degrees.

Some guy said to him, if there is ever a short, you will know it is a blue wire.

BG

Comment

Working...
                              X