Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is This The Reason Matthew Needs A wagon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobGlasscock
    replied
    I came home in the one below!

Leave a comment:

• Tom Bredehoft
    replied
    My first son (known here as Claymore) traveled from hospital to home in the '53 coupe in my signature picture, when Studebakers were considered cheap transportation, back in the last century.

Leave a comment:

• rockinhawk
    replied
    Matthew's Mama came home in a 56 Sky Hawk, her brother in a R1 enhanced 62 Lark. But alas, her 2 younger sisters took their first ride in Mopars.

And Matthew, Please don't treat that girl as mean and hateful as you always did your REAL sister! NT

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    Good man Matt.
    Did not mean to get all Old Man preachy there...lol.
    I am just glad to meet a guy younger than me that is in to old cars, and Studes especially. Kind of like big brother advise...
    Rock on Matt, you seem like a sharp young guy. I always like your posts.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
    Matt,
    If I remember correctly you are about 19-20 yrs old?
    Not only do you NOT need to rush havin a baby, you do NOT need to rush getting married or even tied down.
    This is NOT to say a good woman is not a wonderful thing and even that a child is not a true blessing, I am fortunate to have both, a great wife and an amazing daughter. But, being young and building some cool cars often ends with a serious girl friend or wife.

What I mean by this is, if a young person lives at home, has a job {or in your case a business} that makes him a fair living he has the money usually to own and buy some extra things like motorcycles or hot rods or whatever he is interested in. Often when a guy gets involved with a girl, no mattter how good of a woman she is, the money supply gets shifted to dating, apartments, homes, weddings, kids......and hobby's like cars get pusshed to back yard or sold to fund other life neccesities.

I am not in anyway saying that is neccesarily bad. But that is why you see some young guys at shows, and alot of older guys who have already raised their kids, maybe have made a good living and is now in a financial and time position to get back to a hobby we love. You rarely see 20-30 somethings with a brood of kids driving a cool car...it happens, but much less than older guys.

So in summary my point is, enjoy the hobby you love as long as possible because it may need to end at some point when that "right" girl comes along. It is not even HER fault at all, just often a fact of life.
    21, and I agree. One of my roommates is a 21 year old girl that may as well be my sister. Her husband is off in Afghanistan and 3 weeks after he left, she found out she was 4 weeks pregnant. I've already had to do my brotherly duties of taking care of her, and the "fun" hasn't even begun yet. I've already learned that I'm perfectly happy just playing with Studebakers and waiting on women a bit longer.

Leave a comment:

• Welcome
    replied
    Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
    Matt,
    Not only do you NOT need to rush havin a baby, you do NOT need to rush getting married or even tied down.
    This is NOT to say a good woman is not a wonderful thing and even that a child is not a true blessing, I am fortunate to have both, a great wife and an amazing daughter. But, being young and building some cool cars often ends with a serious girl friend or wife.

What I mean by this is, if a young person lives at home, has a job {or in your case a business} that makes him a fair living he has the money usually to own and buy some extra things like motorcycles or hot rods or whatever he is interested in. Often when a guy gets involved with a girl, no mattter how good of a woman she is, the money supply gets shifted to dating, apartments, homes, weddings, kids......and hobby's like cars get pusshed to back yard or sold to fund other life neccesities.

I am not in anyway saying that is neccesarily bad. But that is why you see some young guys at shows, and alot of older guys who have already raised their kids, maybe have made a good living and is now in a financial and time position to get back to a hobby we love. You rarely see 20-30 somethings with a brood of kids driving a cool car...it happens, but much less than older guys.

So in summary my point is, enjoy the hobby you love as long as possible because it may need to end at some point when that "right" girl comes along. It is not even HER fault at all, just often a fact of life.
    Are you talking about the same "Matt" we're all ribbing in this thread???

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by rusty nut garage View Post
    It may not but by the time it does it sure would be cool to take home the new one in a STUDEBAKER!!
    Unfortunately, the care-free days are about over. Unless it has seat belts in the back, and the rear parcel shelf in a non-wagon gets hacked-up for an anchor, one cannot leave the hospital with a newborn without a certified infant car seat. One of the people I work with went through the drill where they were shown how to strap the kid and secure it properly in the car with all the necessary belts and anchors in place. It will depend on whether your jurisdiction will allow an infant to be carried in a vintage car without the proper restraint devices which most of our Studebakers lack.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    Matt,

Leave a comment:

• Bob Andrews
    replied
    Originally posted by mbstude View Post
    I can assure you that my wanting a wagon has nothing to do with starting a family!!
    I believe that! I wonder if they ever considered this motto: "Studebaker wagons: The World's most effective birth control!" <GGG>

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    Joe , I've been a bit worried....the wifes been taking weld classes <g>

I'll pass the suggestion on !

Leave a comment:

• rusty nut garage
    replied
    I like it!!

Originally posted by 2r5 View Post
    i've always said i was conceived in a studebaker and my wife says shes going to put me in the champ's ashtray and weld it shut !

Leave a comment:

• 63t-cab
    replied
    Bob,I would suggest She use a two part epoxy (so's not to burn the paint <G>)
    Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
    I've always said I was conceived in a Studebaker and my wife says shes going to put me in the Champ's ashtray and weld it shut !

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    I've always said I was conceived in a Studebaker and my wife says shes going to put me in the Champ's ashtray and weld it shut !

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
    As new baby I came home in a Studebaker.
    Originally posted by kamzack View Post
    My 2 youngest came home in Studebakers.
    That makes three of us!!! Well- six if you count my two brothers. The trouble is- nobody remembers who came home in which Studebaker. Mom and Dad had plenty from which to choose at the time. I'd like to think I came home in the '57 Parkview that I now own...

Leave a comment:

• kamzack
    replied
    My 2 youngest came home in Studebakers. Girl in 1995 in a 63 Lark, boy in 99 in a 57 Broadmoor wagon.
    Kim

Leave a comment:

Working...
X