Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prayer request for rayoung55, a regular SDC contributor who needs us.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayer request for rayoung55, a regular SDC contributor who needs us.

Howdy gang!

Rob Young, who is better known on the forum as rayoung55 has been in a tragic car accident while visiting New Orleans. He was hit by an airport van that lost control, and suffered head trauma, along with other injuries. Rob was in intensive care for almost a week while they battled to bring him back to stable condition. His wife and family are there with him, sending email updates to the members of his car clubs back home in Wyoming and South Dakota.

Rob has been a regular contributor here at SDC Forum since 2005. Here are links to a couple of his old threads, for those who don't know him.

Latest update:

November 8 (as written by Rob's wife, Janet)

Hello all,

First off thank you for your prayers and thoughts. It means so much to know you are all out there.

I am staying in an old nursing dorm affiliated with Touro Hosp. We have a typical 1960's dorm room with a microwave, dorm fridge, washer and dryer available in the lounge. Nothing fancy, but a safe place to stay within 2 blocks of the hospital.

Sunday, Jessica and I went to chruch at Rayne UMC, about 5 blocks from the hospital, and met some wonderful people who offered to help us and be a support system. The minister offered her car so we could get a few groceries and another woman offered to let me stay with her. She is a retired Elem. Sch. Principal. We'll see how I'm doing after a bit. We are going to go to coffee with her this week. My sister Karen got a list of and ministers and picked this one at random. God's hand is surely evident in getting us to this wonderful community of faithful, caring people. I am truly grateful and awed by His grace and their generosity.

Rob is moving in the right direction. He is not spouting random numbers or assigning numbers to words or people anymore. (Milk is milk, not 48, so that is good.) He is still very confused and agitated, but they tell me that is a normal part of the healing.

Yesterday we saw him stand up and move 3-4 steps to his bed by himself. He also decidd somting during the day to crawl into the other bed in his room and that set off the bed alarm. Later he got up, walked to the door of his room, looked up and down the hall, and took off down the hall! He got all the way to a conference room and walked in on a meeting. It's a good thing the floor is locked and the bed alarm went off!

It's dangerous for him to be walking in his socks on tile floors and to be out on his own so he now has a tent over his bed. Because he can move on his own and roll over they didn't want to restarin him so the bed cover is a better option. This is a good thing and we are so glad for positive steps forward.

His care team of OT, PT, Speech therapists, nurses, and doctors meets on Wed. to evaluate the past week's progress and set new goals. So I should have update for everyone on Wed. or Thurs. We are so pleased with the care he is receiving and the way they take the time to keep us informed.

I took Jess to the airport this a.m. and will pick up Sandy, our sister-in-law, this afternoon, so I do have terrific support with me.

Thank you all for yourprayers, thoughts, and love. I can feel it surrounding us.

Love to all,

Janet
    Last edited by Ted Preston; 11-08-2011, 10:16 AM.

I'm in.

From far away Almaty in Kazachstan. May the Lord be with you Rob.
    The Blog: http://dutchstuderesto.wordpress.com

Comment

I know of Rob from the forums. I think it was he that considered buying my 53 Commander awhile back. Positive thoughts going out for him. Does sound promising tho! GO Rob!
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

May the good lord continue to look out for him and his family. He is in my prayers as well.
        John Hull

Comment

I am familiar with Rob from here on the forum. Prayers from me and mine as well.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

WOW! So tragic! Prayers from Central indiana as well!!

Jim & Jody
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

Prayers from North Carolina also being said....

Comment

Horrible news, but the update sounds good. Prayers here.

Comment

'Will do, Ted. Thanks for the post and as good an update as could be hoped for. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

We are sending prayers and good thoughts to Rob, as well as his family. We hope he has a speedy recovery. Dusty and Wanda

Dusty Taylor

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Ray.
                      Your extended Studebaker Family are all sending good wishes your way.
                      Anne
                      Mabel 1949 Champion
                      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                      Gus 1958 Transtar
                      The Prez 1955 President State
                      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                      Fresno,Ca

Comment

Thoughts and prayers here as well.
                        Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Rob:

Hope all is heading in a positive direction. It seems here lately bad things are happening to GOOD people.

Keep you in our thoughts and prayers here in VA

Take care

george o

Comment

I don't think I ever met Rob but I remember him ordering parts from us several years ago and was a pleasure doing business with him. Good thoughts and prayers from here.

Ted

Comment

Any update on Rob??
                              Jim
                              "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                              their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
                              X