X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great BIN price on a driver-quality 55 Prez in IN

Check this out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1955-...item231557f6c9

I can see what appears to be major bondo, but for the price, so what? Just occasionally grind the bubbles off, refill, and spot in, and just drive it. Then, when your ship comes in, it's well worth restoring right. Meantime, you've got a nice driver at a bargain price!

I am tempted........
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
    Check this out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1955-...item231557f6c9

I can see what appears to be major bondo, but for the price, so what? Just occasionally grind the bubbles off, refill, and spot in, and just drive it. Then, when your ship comes in, it's well worth restoring right. Meantime, you've got a nice driver at a bargain price!

I am tempted........
    I had a look at this one, but add $5K for shipping...... That would be a pass from me..
    Matt
    Brisbane
    Australia
    sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Holy crap, $5K. Ouch!

Makes a difference, though... like when I see a $2K West Coast Stude I'd like but can't make sense of adding the $12-1400 shipping.

BTW, good to hear from you, my friend!
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

this car was on a trailer at south bend in may. floors looked pretty good, but there is a lot of bondo in the body.
        61 lark cruiser
        64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

From the view on my laptop (while sitting in my recliner)...this looks like a wonderful project for a young guy with an understanding wife, good paying job, a real passion for cars, lots of energy, mechanical ability, a "can do" spirit, and just enough ignorance to "not know any better than try it!"

OH to be thirty something again.....
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I just placed a bid and was outbid before I could confirm the bid. Did it again and was outbid again. When I do nothing the price stays stable, As soon as I bid the price rises. Sounds fishy
            The Blog: http://dutchstuderesto.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by KJongenburger View Post
              I just placed a bid and was outbid before I could confirm the bid. Did it again and was outbid again. When I do nothing the price stays stable, As soon as I bid the price rises. Sounds fishy
              Kees: I've known the seller, Mike Lawson of Lafayette IN, many years. He's an honest guy, so if your bids are being trumped right away, it likely means someone else has bid a maximum that is not being advanced unless someone bids against them.

I doubt there's any funny business going on; Mike's a nice guy and, quite frankly, I don't think he'd know how to do any of that if he wanted to! <GGG> BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by studerodder View Post
                this car was on a trailer at south bend in may. floors looked pretty good, but there is a lot of bondo in the body.
                Check out the floor in this one: http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ313325681

Craig

Comment

Still 6V? and an electric Fuel pump added? A lot of work, but could be a driver. Thanks for the post.
                  Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                    if your bids are being trumped right away, it likely means someone else has bid a maximum that is not being advanced unless someone bids against them.
                    Exactly what's happening. That's how it works; it's called 'proxy bidding'.
                    Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by KJongenburger View Post
                      Unless you bid enough to make "reserve", if someone else has outbid YOU (and they didn't make reserve either), that someone's standing bid is gonna keep eclipsing your bids until you outbid them. In other words: the two of you are bidding against one another, but neither of you have met reserve with your bids. Got that?
                      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by studerodder View Post
                        I could see there's a lot of bondo. Even still, it's a good price if, as the seller says, "The hog troughs under the floor that support the body on hardtops are in excellent shape with no rust. They still have the original paint." The outer panels aren't the end of the world to replace.

Of course, I'd like to see under there before I hit the BIN. But it sure is a pretty combination!
                        Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

What is the difference between this car and the President Speedster? I'm guessing the Speedster has the bigger V-8...but what else???

Comment

Dash, Upholstery, Body trim. Engine should be the same.
                            Klif
                            55 Speedster/Street Machine
                            63 Avanti R2
                            64 Convertible R1

Comment

Working...
                            X