Two old horses still at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two old horses still at work

This picture is too good to bury in the existing thread about our Potomac Chapter Fall Tour.
    After the train ride, Chapter President Murray Welsh parked his '50 Champion next to one of the locomotives that pulled the train and took this picture. The locomotive, a General Motors diesel, was built in 1949 for the then Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad. It is now one of four such locomotives used by the Potomac Eagle Company.

Last edited by 53k; 10-25-2011, 10:07 AM. Reason: give credit for the photo
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Great photo, Paul!
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
      Great photo, Paul!
      Thanks Bob. I edited the post to give credit for the photo to Murray who took it with his cell phone camera.
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Is it just me or does it look like a 50 Stude bullet could be installed where the locomotive's headlight is for a real cool custom look.
        ?????? Just thinking out loud!
        Good Roads
        Brian
        Brian Woods
        woodysrods@shaw.ca
        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Or the locomotive headlight behind the bullet for a different Tucker type effect maybe...
          Cool pic. I like to imagine that train actually hauling a load of Studes from South Bend out to Cali....back in '50 ish.

Comment

Cool picture, Paul. Thanks. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
            X