Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studegary
    replied
    The engine number is STAMPED at the left front, top, of the engine block (left side of the car, right hand looking under the hood).

Leave a comment:

• dave boley
    replied
    Engine displacement...

Originally posted by studegary View Post
    I answered the S/N question on your other post.
    The car is a 259, not 289, unless it is some special fleet car, like a police car (or the engine has been changed). Post the stamped engine number and we will tell you what is in the car.

Yeah, I wondered about that but the guy seemed to think it was. No matter though because I had a '58 Commander that was a 259 and it was bigger and heavier and it was still a zippy car. How were you able to determine it was a 259. I had no idea how to figure it out? The car is packed in my trailer surrounded by a big compressor and a lot of old ford truck body parts ready to go back home. I am wrapping up a visit with my son here in Douglasville, GA. I probably won't get to really check out the engine # for at least a week or so. Where on the engine is the number I need to look for?

Later Man...
    Dave
    www.daveboley.info

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    Welcome to the forum, I am newer here and this place has really helped out in many ways with my first Stude build. Cool Idea for the car and keep us posted.

Leave a comment:

• dave boley
    replied
    Originally posted by mbstude View Post
    Georgia car huh? Darn those Ohio guys taking all our Studebakers...!

Welcome to the SDC Forum.. Where at in GA did you find this one?

Thanks for the welcome... The car was around Newnan just a bit south of Atlanta. It's really no prize but the body is pretty solid. There is stuff missing so it probably isn't worth a true restore but I think it would make a cool little restomod. No rat rod for this one...

Later Man...
    Dave
    www.daveboley.info

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    I answered the S/N question on your other post.
    The car is a 259, not 289, unless it is some special fleet car, like a police car (or the engine has been changed). Post the stamped engine number and we will tell you what is in the car.
    Last edited by studegary; 10-25-2011, 05:43 PM. Reason: missing letter

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Georgia car huh? Darn those Ohio guys taking all our Studebakers...!

Welcome to the SDC Forum.. Where at in GA did you find this one?

Leave a comment:

• dave boley
    replied
    Thanks...

Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
    Further down the page you will see your previous thread and the answer to your question.

Thanks Frank,

Sorry about that. I'm having some issues with this old lattop I use on the road. Somehow I missed seeing the post. Maybe it's just my geezer complex showing.

Later Man...

Dave

Leave a comment:

• 41 Frank
    replied
    Further down the page you will see your previous thread and the answer to your question.
    Last edited by 41 Frank; 10-25-2011, 06:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dave boley
    started a topic VIN location...

VIN location...

Hi Folks,

I just joined this forum yesterday, I haven't owned a Studebaker for over forty years but I bought one yesterday. It's a 1960 Lark 4dr sedan with a 289 V8 and automatic transmission. It runs and is pretty much rust free but it needs a lot of TLC and detail work.

Can someone here tell me where the VIN is located on this car? I tried to post this question yesterday but the post does not show so I probably did something wrong.

Later Folks...

Dave

Working...
X