Unbelievably small world in Studebakerdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    Thank you so much, Stu; please do let me know what you find out. I just checked MapQuest and see that we drove maybe 30 miles east of West Rupert when we went to Bennington! Thanks again. Bob
    You were pretty close. The picture of Larry's car on the Hemmings site I believe was taken when Larry was showing it in Bennington.
    Stu Chapman

Comment

Stu,

The last I knew Archie's late production 66 wagon is now owned by Jim and Nancy Willette of St. Albans, VT.
      Dan Peterson
      Montpelier, VT
      1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
      1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        Thank you so much, Stu; please do let me know what you find out. I just checked MapQuest and see that we drove maybe 30 miles east of West Rupert when we went to Bennington! Thanks again. Bob
        Larry confirms the Wagonaire was built with a 259 and he replaced it with an R1 engine which he took from a 63 Hawk which he parted out. Serial number is 64V11588. The car came from Florida, sold by a Daytona Beach Studebaker dealer. Larry attached the dealer ID as a tribute to Archie, who actually drove the car before he passed away.
        Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
          Larry confirms the Wagonaire was built with a 259 and he replaced it with an R1 engine which he took from a 63 Hawk which he parted out. Serial number is 64V11588. The car came from Florida, sold by a Daytona Beach Studebaker dealer. Larry attached the dealer ID as a tribute to Archie, who actually drove the car before he passed away.
          Stu Chapman
          Excellent, Stu; thanks so much. I believe I'll be making some phone calls! <GGG> BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
          X