Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reedsville Nov 18-19. Who is coming? Is Peachey's open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reedsville Nov 18-19. Who is coming? Is Peachey's open?

I'm starting to get pumped up for the Reedsville, PA swap meet on Fri/Sat Nov. 18/19. Who else is coming?

I'm hoping that A.J. Peachey's store is open again after the fire. Anyone have news? I'm bringing my cooler to stock up on smoked pork chops, country ham, scrapple, sausages, etc. We can't get that stuff in New England.

I'm bringing some of the replica wood sign letters [STUDEBAKER Genuine Parts/Authorized Accessories]. Anyone want a set at $400, painted? I've also got M5 bumper guards, instrument decals, and Wagonaire roof rack rubber strips.

I'm looking for a 1934-37 water pump coupling (250 cu in straight 8), rear shocks for 1929-32 Presidents, cheap ratty left front fender and hood plus trim for '53-up C-K for my "Wall Hawk" [non-operating wall hanging], good steel front fenders for '63 Wagonaire/Lark.

Hope to see a lot of you there!
    Gary Ash
    Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
    ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
    '48 M5
    '65 Wagonaire Commander
    '63 Wagonaire Standard
    web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Peachey's lives and thrives!

http://www.ajpeachey.com/

I will be there. May even be vending. Don't have anything you need unless '32 Rockne shocks are the same as '32 President.
    Last edited by rockne10; 10-20-2011, 06:21 PM.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

You didn't go to Peachey's last year?? I had breakfast there. They are operating out of a series of portable buildings. We'll be eating there for sure Sat. morning! Here's a link:

http://ajpeachey.com/construction

I will be there about midday Friday, and for the first time ever, Linda will be along. We'll be in and out as I show her the Meet, introduce her around, and show her some of the Amish country; then, of course, Max's Friday night, leaving for home Sat. afternoon. Alway look forward to it!
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

If anyone is going to Reedsville and will be passing through central Indiana on the way back, Paul Johnson would like to bring the four P195/75R15 tires he is giving me to Reedsville to get them out of his garage.

I'm not going to Reedsville, and Paul and I have agreed that I'll pick them up at York 2012 if no one can bring them to central IN from Reedsville. (Understandably, Paul is not going to load and bring the tires to Reedsville unless we have a firm committment from someone who will pick them up from him once he gets them there.)

Joe Hall: Are you going to Reedsville? I still have in my garage the GT Hawk Door Bob Peterson brought to The Pure Stock Drags for you and I intercepted for delivery to you in Indianapolis. If you are going to Reedsville, would you pick up the tires? Then we could get together and I'd get this door to you and you could get the tires to me. Thanks.

Thanks to anyone else, too. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I'll add, I still have sweetolbob's Avanti hood trying to get to MI, and I could bring it to Reedsville if someone's going Bob's way. Check this thread:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-Ride-NY-to-Mi.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Sure wish it was closer, the last time I went we drove 6900 miles and touched 24 states but had a good time and it was well worth the trip but so far this year I have made the Nationals and the PSMCRS, maybe another year.
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Good news and bad news for the Peachey's fans.

Peachey's is far from thriving. Construction on the new facility halted months ago due to financial issues. Steel framing is as far as they got. They are still operating out of the temporary buildings. Recently, they closed the restaurant building. I have heard rumor that they may be opening the restaurant on Saturday mornings for breakfast. I'll attempt to verify that and get back to the Forum with the details.

Good news, Gary. They still have a variety of smoked meats and cheeses, sausage, as well as some frozen meats available in the temporary butcher/deli building.

More bad news. The Reedsville Seafood Company deli and restaurant in scenic downtown Reedsville has closed. I, for one, really miss their awesome seafood chowder. A couple dozen of us also enjoyed dinner there on Friday night last year. The historic Blackhorse tavern, also at the Reedsville redlight, burned down last year.

There is a new restaurant, a "steak house/buffet" called Trail's End, occupying what used to be the Camelot Restaurant. I haven't eaten there personally, but the reviews I've heard have all been negative.
              Jim Bradley
              Lake Monticello, VA
              '78 Avanti II
              sigpic

Comment

Too bad about Peachey's restaurant. Last year the building was small enough that the waitress would take your order and head out the back door to another building that housed the kitchen. Then she'd carry it from one building to the other. My scrapple had a tangy tartar sauce on it that was unlike anything I'd had before. As I left I noticed several birds flying around over the property.

Wait a minute.......

There's a pizza shop/Italian restaurant on the road between Reedsville and Lewiston that is INCREDIBLE. I cannot remember the name and a Google search didn't ring a bell. They have another location north in Milroy across from the Best Western Nittany that was nowhere as good. If I figure it out I'll post the name. For me it's a 'do not miss' Looking forward to taking Linda there Friday night on the way to Max's!
                Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I'll be there, with buddies Ed Davies and Joe Kastellec in tow. I talked my brother-in-law Harley, from Greenville, into coming along for his first time, too. He has a nice '49 Champion convertible and an old '56 Sky Hawk that hasn't moved in probably three decades! See you guys there.
                  Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  (formerly Greenville, PA)
                  Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                  Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                  1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                  1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                  All are in Australia now

Comment

We'll be there and also bringing another local club member for his 1st trip ....looking forward to it .
                    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I'm thinking about it. It might be a nice get-a-way for a weekend. I have not been in a few years.

Allen
                      1964 GT Hawk
                      PSMCDR 2014
                      Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                      PSMCDR 2013
                      Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                        We'll be there and also bringing another local club member for his 1st trip ....looking forward to it .
                        Am looking forward to it.
                        sigpic
                        55 President Deluxe
                        64 Commander
                        66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

I might be there this year. It's been 5 years, so it's high time to go. Won't know for sure until fairly late.

Dave Bonn
                          '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

I'll be there at least one of the days. Not sure which one yet. Those Canadian buyers who need a US address to ship to before Reedsville let me know and I'll deliver your goodys to Reedsville ffor a charge of dinner. Let me know if you need my help.
                            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Wish I were going this year; job search situation being so fluid right now I daren't for all sorts of reasons...some year I'll be back, maybe there'll be another '59 Lark priced temptingly low like before!

S.

Comment

Working...
                              X