Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

October Turning Wheels

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
    >>>Something sure smells fishy here
    FWIW; Perhaps your SDC Membership has lapsed? ...or it somehow got cancelled? It would not be the first time something like that happened!!!

    Two years ago I tried an experiment and let my SDC Membership lapse to see if TW would indeed stop arriving ...Yep, they cut me right off!!!

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Welcome View Post
      FWIW; Perhaps your SDC Membership has lapsed? ...or it somehow got cancelled? It would not be the first time something like that happened!!!

      Two years ago I tried an experiment and let my SDC Membership lapse to see if TW would indeed stop arriving ...Yep, they cut me right off!!!
      I don't think everyone in Canada has let their membership lapse <g>
      sigpic

      Home of the Fried Green Tomato

      "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

      1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
        I don't think everyone in Canada has let their membership lapse <g>
        OR

        Comment


        • #49
          Still no Oct TW as of Halloween night.,as Bob says, something fishy somewhere.

          Comment


          • #50
            The Mailman just left, and still no TW. For this service we pay higer membership fees?

            Comment


            • #51
              At least I have my November copy.....didn't want to wait till December for that , I got one while in South Bend this past weekend for a ND football game , if the museum would of had Octobers issue I would of got one of those as well.
              By the way the football game was good for those who care<g>
              sigpic

              Home of the Fried Green Tomato

              "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

              1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
                Stu, I agree, we did not have this problem with Good Printers. I am a Rural Carrier for the USPS, and live (20 miles) from the Lancaster Pa. Processing and Distribution Center where Sheridan now mails Turning Wheels. A month or so after Sheridan took over it took over 3 weeks from the mailing date for myself, and most other Pa. members to get their TW's. I tried getting an answer as to why by going through the channels at work and got nowhere. I then contacted Sheridan, and they assured me that their "in house" Postal Service representative said the problem was not there, but "elsewhere" in the postal system. FWIW, this is just my 2 cents, but I think the problem starts "in house" at Sheridan, by the way they bundle their mailings, and is especially bad concerning out of country mail. I think any investigation needs to involve Sheridan, their USPS Representative, AND the Lancaster P&DC people. Jim S.
                Jim...I think you've hit the nail right on the head. In talking with the SDC Pres and Natl Director, I've suggested pretty much what you've said, including consulting with Chester Bradfield. Let's hope Tom and Bob are reading these follow-up threads, specifically yours. Do you find it interesting that not one single member of the SDC Board is commenting, particularly those who are responsible?
                Stu Chapman

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                  Jim...I think you've hit the nail right on the head. In talking with the SDC Pres and Natl Director, I've suggested pretty much what you've said, including consulting with Chester Bradfield. Let's hope Tom and Bob are reading these follow-up threads, specifically yours. Do you find it interesting that not one single member of the SDC Board is commenting, particularly those who are responsible?
                  Stu Chapman
                  Yes, the silence is kind of surprising. I know how bent out of shape I was getting only one issue three weeks late, I can't imagine waiting months! I thought we were making progress having them poly-bagged to cut down on damage etc. (even though some mail carriers insist on bending their spine rather than rolling them in a tube shape to place them in a mail receptacle) :-(
                  Sure hope we can get some help on the delivery problems. Jim S.
                  I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    To all you SDC'ers in Canada who are waiting on your October Turning Wheels Magazine .
                    When you do finally receive it , take careful note of where it was posted from . We here in
                    Australia were having a horrible time with T/W delivery a while back , because for some
                    reason ( cheap bulk post rates ) our Magazines were being posted via the European country
                    of Belgium !!! . Now our T/W arrives pretty good normally because it is postmarked as
                    having been sent from Jamaica New York . This change was organised by ex SDC President
                    Mimi Halgren , who liaised with the printing / distribution Company . She did a good job .
                    If it is any concilation to all of you , the OCT T/W is a particularly great issue with lots of
                    colour , so you will enjoy it when it arrives . But even in Australia , we only got it last week .

                    CRUISER

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Well it's now November 1st and we still don't have the October Turning Wheels....just to keep you up to date.
                      Stu Chapman

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        To all SDC Members,

                        I want to let you know that we at Sheridan are aware of the delays in international mailing of the October issue, especially to those members in Cananda, and that we share your concern. We sent the international Oct. TW issue from our plant on Sept. 23 and are gathering details on the deliveries to the international posts.

                        When we began our relationship with the SDC in 2009 I committed to working with the SDC leadership to achieve cost savings and identify opportunities for improvements that would better serve the membership. For instance, the savings we achieved allowed us to place periodicals copies in polybags to prevent damage in the mails as well as adding more color pages. My commitment to the SDC and membership has not changed since then.

                        I am dissapointed to hear of these problems and I take it personally. Global mail is big business - it's complex and I'm working to get to the bottom of this. I've spoken with the SDC leadership and we are working on solutions and alternatives that will make delivery more timely and predictable. I regret that we experiencing these delays but please know that we are committed to fixing this problem.

                        Steve Musser
                        The Sheridan Press

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Your TW Printer View Post
                          To all SDC Members,

                          I want to let you know that we at Sheridan are aware of the delays in international mailing of the October issue, especially to those members in Cananda, and that we share your concern. We sent the international Oct. TW issue from our plant on Sept. 23 and are gathering details on the deliveries to the international posts.

                          When we began our relationship with the SDC in 2009 I committed to working with the SDC leadership to achieve cost savings and identify opportunities for improvements that would better serve the membership. For instance, the savings we achieved allowed us to place periodicals copies in polybags to prevent damage in the mails as well as adding more color pages. My commitment to the SDC and membership has not changed since then.

                          I am dissapointed to hear of these problems and I take it personally. Global mail is big business - it's complex and I'm working to get to the bottom of this. I've spoken with the SDC leadership and we are working on solutions and alternatives that will make delivery more timely and predictable. I regret that we experiencing these delays but please know that we are committed to fixing this problem.

                          Steve Musser
                          The Sheridan Press
                          WELCOME

                          Thank you for joining us here and for providing our fellow SDC Members and your Canadian "CUSTOMERS" with that update.

                          Yes, I did use that word "CUSTOMERS"ALL 12,400 of us dues paying SDC Members YOUR CUSTOMERS.

                          In the spirit of promoting good customer relations, possibly Sheridan Press and yourself could talk the Editor of our fine TURNING WHEELS magazine into giving up a little space in a few issues a year for you to tell us CUSTOMERS a little about Sheridan Press; your staff, your equipment, your quality control, your printing and mailing operations. Possibly include a photo of our TURNING WHEELS

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Welcome View Post
                            WELCOME …to the SDC Forum!!!

                            Thank you for joining us here and for providing our fellow SDC Members and your Canadian "CUSTOMERS" with that update.

                            Yes, I did use that word "CUSTOMERS" …because that is exactly what ALL 12,400 of us dues paying SDC Members actually are …YOUR CUSTOMERS.

                            In the spirit of promoting good customer relations, possibly Sheridan Press and yourself could talk the Editor of our fine TURNING WHEELS magazine into giving up a little space in a few issues a year for you to tell us CUSTOMERS a little about Sheridan Press; your staff, your equipment, your quality control, your printing and mailing operations. Possibly include a photo of our TURNING WHEELS coming off your presses, being loaded onto a truck, etc., etc. …you know, just those things that help promote good "customer relations." So what do you say???
                            Ditto! Jim S.
                            I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              I would think they are too busy to respond.......doing another run of October TWs <g>
                              sigpic

                              Home of the Fried Green Tomato

                              "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

                              1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Welcome to The Forum Steve Musser.
                                It is refreshing to learn that finally some interest is being shown regarding this ongoing problem. It would be in our mutual interest to have some communication in this regard so you have the complete story. However the Sheridan Press web site does not list either your name or an email contact. It would be appreciated if you would provide your email address here. Alternatively you can email me at schapman5@cogeco.ca.
                                Stu Chapman

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X