No announcement yet.

October Turning Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely, someone in the SDC executive branch that organizes the printing and shipping could verify if they have been placed in the distribution system, and when and report some followup here! Has anyone that receives their issues by 1st class mail in Ontario, received their Oct. or Nov. issues or both?

Comment

Originally posted by WCP View Post
      Surely, someone in the SDC executive branch that organizes the printing and shipping could verify if they have been placed in the distribution system, and when and report some followup here!<<<?
      Surely, you jest!!!

Comment

My October TW arrived in today's post. Hopefully, my fellow Canadians will receive their copies soon. Canada Post workers have been cranky ever since they were leigislated back to work. No wonder the delivery is slow.
        sigpic
        Brian Schuppert

71 Buick Riviera
        41 Studebaker Commander

Comment

Originally posted by s2d63lark View Post
          Kind of makes you wonder that if NO Canadian issues have arrived if ANY Canadian issues were mailed.

Many years ago I worked at Transcontinental/RBW Graphics in Owen Sound where we did A LOT of mail publications. We had specific times and dates to have issues out and they were different between US and Canada. We also made sure that the publications were imprinted, postage prepaid and delivery direct to a major postal entry point (Gateway Mississauga for Canada and usually Buffalo for the US - although sometimes they went to Detroit). Only complaints we heard back on were about print quality and sometimes mail handling damage - never tardiness. Not too sure who the current supplier is for SDC but if they do not do printing AND mailing in-house that can add delays. Contract should specify that if it doesn't.

BTW, still waiting on my issue(s) as well.
          You are so right. I've attempted on more than one occasion to get 'management' to address this very fact but nothing has happened. The problem has only existed since TW went to a new printer. BTW mine hasn't arrived either.
          Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by WCP View Post
            Surely, someone in the SDC executive branch that organizes the printing and shipping could verify if they have been placed in the distribution system, and when and report some followup here! Has anyone that receives their issues by 1st class mail in Ontario, received their Oct. or Nov. issues or both?
            So glad to read your comment Bill. I've tried to get this addressed before but without luck. I will try again.
            Stu Chapman

Comment

Stu did you give the post office mules any extra feed? You know its a long way to walk and they get wearry, its starting to get cold on the hinterland they will need extra feeding to get all the way over to the Pacific coast and over to the Island Mark is still waiting.
              Evan Severson

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                So glad to read your comment Bill. I've tried to get this addressed before but without luck. I will try again.
                Stu Chapman
                Well it's now the evening of Friday October 28th and still no October TW. Since we in Canada do not have the luxury of Saturday delivery as in the U.S., the earliest possible delivery date is now October 31st, which is Halloween. Who knows, perhaps it will come in disguise as the November issue. Seriously, there is an answer to all this and I will take the matter up (again) with our new SDC President. Someone, or some people, are simply not doing the job they are being paid to do.
                Stu Chapman

Comment

Well it's now the evening of Friday October 28th and still no October TW. Since we in Canada do not have the luxury of Saturday delivery as in the U.S., the earliest possible delivery date is now October 31st, which is Halloween. Who knows, perhaps it will come in disguise as the November issue. Seriously, there is an answer to all this and I will take the matter up (again) with our new SDC President. Someone, or some people, are simply not doing the job they are being paid to do.
                  Stu Chapman
                  I suggest contacting Larry Swanson. He is the SDC Publisher of Turning Wheels. You might also copy the SDC President and the rest of the SDC Board.

The October issue was only five days tardy at the printer. It seems like the problem is not with the SDC Editor or the printing of Turning Wheels. The problem is either the way the new printer gets the issues to Canada or Canada Post itself.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                    >>>The problem is either the way the new printer gets the issues to Canada or Canada Post itself.
                    WHAT ...NEW PRINTER???

Getting each month's TW submittal to the same old printer by the deadline ...hopefully before ...was exactly what Mr. Musser, the existing printing company's representative, was harping about to the SDC Board of Directors during our Club's annual meeting in Springfield!!!

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      I suggest contacting Larry Swanson. He is the SDC Publisher of Turning Wheels. You might also copy the SDC President and the rest of the SDC Board.

The October issue was only five days tardy at the printer. It seems like the problem is not with the SDC Editor or the printing of Turning Wheels. The problem is either the way the new printer gets the issues to Canada or Canada Post itself.
                      Larry Swanson has been contacted before and hasn't responded. I have had dialogue during the past 24 hours with the SDC President and the National Director for our Zone. A full investigation will begin Monday.
                      Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
                        WHAT ...NEW PRINTER???

Getting each month's TW submittal to the same old printer by the deadline ...hopefully before ...was exactly what Mr. Musser, the existing printing company's representative, was harping about to the SDC Board of Directors during our Club's annual meeting in Springfield!!!
                        The 'new' printer to whom we have been referring is the 'current' one. They have only been with us for two years, hence being called 'new'. When we were with Good Printers before that, we did not have the problem. Your comment about Mr. Musser seems to hit home with my previous comments. Magazines and their distribution must adhere to strict deadlines or the whole system goes awry. I know we have missed deadlines but there is no way that a 5 day delay on our part can cause over a month's delay in deliveries to Canada and the rest of the world.
                        Stu Chapman

Comment

When did your October Turning Wheels arrive?

For those of you in Canada who have been following this thread, and there have been over 1,000 reads, would you please take the trouble to post when you receive your October Turning Wheels. I'm aware of one member in B.C. who has his, but no one else apparently has enjoyed that privilege. The SDC President and our Crossroads Zone National Director have taken on the project in an attempt to resolve the problem once and for all. Thanks in advance.
                          Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Drummerboy View Post
                            My October TW arrived in today's post. Hopefully, my fellow Canadians will receive their copies soon. Canada Post workers have been cranky ever since they were leigislated back to work. No wonder the delivery is slow.
                            What I don't get, is how do you guys in BC get them before us guys in Alberta....I assume the printer is located in the eastern half of the continent?? Still waiting for my oct. issue btw. Junior.
                            sigpic
                            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

You are so right. I've attempted on more than one occasion to get 'management' to address this very fact but nothing has happened. The problem has only existed since TW went to a new printer. BTW mine hasn't arrived either.
                              Stu Chapman
                              Stu, I agree, we did not have this problem with Good Printers. I am a Rural Carrier for the USPS, and live (20 miles) from the Lancaster Pa. Processing and Distribution Center where Sheridan now mails Turning Wheels. A month or so after Sheridan took over it took over 3 weeks from the mailing date for myself, and most other Pa. members to get their TW's. I tried getting an answer as to why by going through the channels at work and got nowhere. I then contacted Sheridan, and they assured me that their "in house" Postal Service representative said the problem was not there, but "elsewhere" in the postal system. FWIW, this is just my 2 cents, but I think the problem starts "in house" at Sheridan, by the way they bundle their mailings, and is especially bad concerning out of country mail. I think any investigation needs to involve Sheridan, their USPS Representative, AND the Lancaster P&DC people. Jim S.
                              I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Well the mailman just went through , October has now come and gone and no Oct issue of TW......sad day indeed.....maybe we'll get both Oct and Nov issues the same day !
                                Something sure smells fishy here
                                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
                                X