October Turning Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
    Glad to see that our BC and Europe members are keeping this thread going. Be sure to let us know when the last October issues arrive in your respective areas.
    Stu Chapman
    FINALLY!!! My October TW arrived today, 59 days after leaving Sheridan and 5 days after my November TW arrived. Canada Post tag number was 40012899.
    Worth the wait, mind you. Having said that, it took 25 days for my November TW to show up. That's too long in my view. Is it unreasonable to expect a 10 day delivery time?

Terry
    Last edited by dictator27; 11-21-2011, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• Got both my October & November issues today! Spent the evening on the couch reading them instead of hanging out here on the Forum.
      Good Roads
      Brian
      Brian Woods
      woodysrods@shaw.ca
      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

• Dad and I just got ours today too.....and they finally added our names to the new member roster....we joined in Feb I think..
        1946 Studebaker M5 1/2 ton.....Got Parts?...rear view mirror,.?
        Studebaker Drivers Club Member
        Learning Respect for the Power of Rust more Every Day
        Studebaker Truck Farmer

Comment

• Originally posted by BruceT View Post
          Dad and I just got ours today too.....and they finally added our names to the new member roster....we joined in Feb I think..
          Do you mean your names were finally added to the "Welcome New SDC Members" list that appears in each TW issue ...or do you mean the yearly "SDC Membership Roster"??? TIA

Comment

• Originally posted by BruceT View Post
            Dad and I just got ours today too.....and they finally added our names to the new member roster....we joined in Feb I think..
            I joined in February, too, and when I didn't notice my name in the new members section of TW I emailed the editors. They got in touch with Cornerstone registrations who missed some of us newbies in a short period in Feb. The editors emailed me back saying that the problem would be corrected in the October issue of TW which is one of the reasons why I started this thread. I hope more of the "hinterlands" are receiving their Oct, issues now. Terry...glad to see your issue has arrived!
            sigpic
            Brian Schuppert

71 Buick Riviera
            41 Studebaker Commander

Comment

• Glad to see that most everyone now has their October issue. Now I will "rub it in" and say that I have received my December issue <G>.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

• Grrrr....

I think I'll have to wait another three to four weeks for the December Issue. That is: if it doesn't get stuck between the Christmas cards.
                The Blog: http://dutchstuderesto.wordpress.com

Comment

• Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  Glad to see that most everyone now has their October issue. Now I will "rub it in" and say that I have received my December issue <G>.
                  Happy to receive this info Gary since it will give us 'foreigners' a guideline for our expected delivery of the December issue. I feel confident that Steve Musser of Sheridan Press has taken the necessary steps to clear up this problem.
                  Stu Chapman

Comment

• Thanks again to Steve Musser

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                    Happy to receive this info Gary since it will give us 'foreigners' a guideline for our expected delivery of the December issue. I feel confident that Steve Musser of Sheridan Press has taken the necessary steps to clear up this problem.
                    Stu Chapman
                    Based on previous information received relating to the mailing date for the December issue, my copy arrived today. Even the letter carrier didn't break the spine this time! Today's delivery is two weeks after mailing, which I believe is a reasonable time, considering it's going to a different country, and is not going first class mail. This would appear that Steve Musser has been able to correct the mailing distribution problem we have been experiencing. So thank you Steve, and keep on top of it. By the way, my copy doesn't stink.
                    Stu Chapman

Comment

• Stu , mine came today as well and my theory of the brown envelope that Novembers came in was completely blown today...it was a white envelope this month <g>
                      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

• Still waiting for my December issue, stinky or otherwise.
                        sigpic
                        Brian Schuppert

71 Buick Riviera
                        41 Studebaker Commander

Comment

• Originally posted by Drummerboy View Post
                          Still waiting for my December issue, stinky or otherwise.
                          Don't sweat it Brian, it's only the 7th and it's maybe only come this quickly once or twice in the past 5 years. Maybe next week if Santa thinks we've been good.
                          Mark Hayden
                          '66 Commander
                          Zone Coordinator
                          Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark57 View Post
                            Don't sweat it Brian, it's only the 7th and it's maybe only come this quickly once or twice in the past 5 years. Maybe next week if Santa thinks we've been good.
                            Then I'm hooped.
                            sigpic
                            Brian Schuppert

71 Buick Riviera
                            41 Studebaker Commander

Comment

• Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                              Stu , mine came today as well and my theory of the brown envelope that Novembers came in was completely blown today...it was a white envelope this month <g>
                              So was mine. White is easier for the letter carrier to read what is printed on it.
                              Stu Chapman

Comment

• My Nov issue finally arrived on Dec 1st & the Dec issue virtually followed it yesterday Dec 8th which is super service to Australia. Perhaps the suffering of Canadian SDC members waiting for their Oct issue may have given the distribution system a good kick. Thanks for the efforts of Stu Chapman in trying to assist with the October issue delay in Canada.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                                MELBOURNE.

Comment

Working...
                                X