No announcement yet.

October Turning Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOOHOO It arrived today! The November issue that is. Still don't have October

Terry

Comment

• Guess it is time to head down to the mailbox to see if mine is finnally there. Maybe both October & November will be there at the same time??
      We live only 40 miles from the Editors!
      No pull out here????
      Good Roads
      Brian
      Brian Woods
      woodysrods@shaw.ca
      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

• May be time for a new mailing company, Hemmings and Source Interlink use Pitney Bowes and things arrive in a plastic bag. Hope November issue arrives here soon.
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

• Originally posted by avantilover View Post
          May be time for a new mailing company, Hemmings and Source Interlink use Pitney Bowes and things arrive in a plastic bag. Hope November issue arrives here soon.
          If you re-read Steve Musser's post #159 you will see that he acknowledges the problem is with the mailing company. Hopefully Steve will be able to control them in the future as he has promised. Steve confirmed what I have believed all along that Sheridan uses a less than efficient mailing company. In my discussions with Tom Curtis and Bob Henning, I had suggested that contact be made with Hemmings to determine why they never have problems. As most 'foreign' members will remember, the October problem is not the first delay since we made the switch to Sheridan.
          Stu Chapman

Comment

• Indeed Stu, I saw that. At least he has acknowledged the issue and is working with it.
            John Clements

Comment

• Originally posted by dictator27 View Post
              WOOHOO It arrived today! The November issue that is. Still don't have October
              Both mine arrived on Monday. Just waiting for my ASC Review now.

Craig

Comment

• I't There

This morning I almost kissed the mailwoman. She is not a person I am 'naturally inclined to kiss' but she brought me two issues of TW. October and November arrived today after a long trip from the US to the Netherlands. I'll remember this day between my birthday and Christmas forever.

Cheers.
                The Blog: http://dutchstuderesto.wordpress.com

Comment

• Originally posted by KJongenburger View Post
                  I't There

This morning I almost kissed the mailwoman. She is not a person I am 'naturally inclined to kiss' but she brought me two issues of TW. October and November arrived today after a long trip from the US to the Netherlands. I'll remember this day between my birthday and Christmas forever.

Cheers.
                  Congratulations Kees,

I was just about to propose you to send you mine. Happy ending at the last. If you got the november issue today, mine may be in the mailbox tonight.
                  Happy reading.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Friday mail is here. No October TW. Ho hum. Maybe Monday.

Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by dictator27 View Post
                      Friday mail is here. No October TW. Ho hum. Maybe Monday.

Terry
                      Glad to see that our BC and Europe members are keeping this thread going. Be sure to let us know when the last October issues arrive in your respective areas.
                      Stu Chapman

Comment

• At the risk of upsetting folks, I received my November Issue yesterday, from Deutsche Post it seems. Do any of our Canadian friends have copies of the 1966 adverts printed in the article by Fred Fox? I have the Big Surprise $2215 one and would like others if possible.
                        John Clements

Comment

• Originally posted by avantilover View Post
                          At the risk of upsetting folks, I received my November Issue yesterday, from Deutsche Post it seems. Do any of our Canadian friends have copies of the 1966 adverts printed in the article by Fred Fox? I have the Big Surprise $2215 one and would like others if possible.
                          There's a chance I might have something in my archives John. I'll have a look and advise. On pages 12 and 13 of this issue are reproductions of the giant postcard and four color shots from the catalog, which were also turned into postcards. All these shots were photographed in the Hamilton/Burlington area. If anyone travelling up here, I'll be happy to take you to the locations. The Cruiser location was the Royal Botanical Gardens Tearoom; the Wagonaire is in the Arboretum of the Royal Botanical Gardens; the Daytona Sports Sedan was shot on the lawn of the Royal Hamilton Yacht Club overlooking Burlington Bay; the 2-shot of the Commanders was at a Burlington home.
                          Stu Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                            ...the 2-shot of the Commanders was at a Burlington home.
                            Who is R. Lister? What was his position at Studebaker of Canada? It is his name on the sign in front of that house in Burlington that is not seen in the brochures, but it is visible on the larger cardboard 11X17 showroom posters.

Craig
                            Last edited by 8E45E; 11-21-2011, 05:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                              Who is R. Lister? What was his position at Studebaker of Canada? It is his name on the sign in front of that house in Burlington that is not seen in the brochures, but it is visible on the lager cardboard 11X17 showroom posters.

Craig
                              R. Lister is the owner of the home. He had nothing to do with Studebaker. His home was selected by our photo staff from a number of homes I had listed as possibilities. Ironically, several years later I renewed acquaintances with Bob Lister at a local tennis club and played tennis with him for a number of years. He owned a vintage Triumph Spitfire. I am not aware if he still lives at this home. BTW, did you receive my email about the AB sign? Haven't heard anything from you.
                              Stu Chapman

Comment

• Received October on Nov 11 and November on November 15th..
                                Barry Leppan
                                Ontario, Canada
                                64 Daytona R-1 Convertible & 64 GT Hawk R-1
                                GT Hawk Registry & SDC, Hamilton Chapter [IMG]

Comment

Working...
                                X