October Turning Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October Turning Wheels

Has anyone in BC received the October issue? If so, who should I call about my issue not arriving yet? Thanks!
    sigpic
    Brian Schuppert

71 Buick Riviera
    41 Studebaker Commander

The October issue is more than a week overdue here in Australia although I know some of my U.S friends received theirs in September.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Comment

Delivery of TW

Don't know what has happened at Canada Post (or somewhere else?) this past year, but up until 2011 I was getting each months TW around the 10th of the month. This year it has ranged from the 15th of the month (at the earliest) to the 5th day of the month following the publication date. the ads are usually published on the website long before the magazine arrives - fortunately I am not looking for deals that will disappear quickly!
      We discussed this at a recent Chapter meeting and all other members on Vancouver Island are having the same experience.

So, I would say, "Hang in there, you're not alone!"
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander
      Zone Coordinator
      Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Hey Mark , thats probably because Art was goofing off in Ontario last month when he should of been home doing his work <g>
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

The October issue was only mailed five days late, so only add about a week to expected delivery time.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Mark57 View Post
            Don't know what has happened at Canada Post (or somewhere else?) this past year, but up until 2011 I was getting each months TW around the 10th of the month. This year it has ranged from the 15th of the month (at the earliest) to the 5th day of the month following the publication date. the ads are usually published on the website long before the magazine arrives - fortunately I am not looking for deals that will disappear quickly!
            Mark. Right now I'm just pi**ed at Canada Post. Ever since the postal strike last June, the service has gone from bad to worse! And since that time, I've been getting mail for an address that's not mine (Between the TWO sets of eyes who read the addresses, either the sorter and the carrier should be able to catch this error), and other pieces mail have been arriving later than usual. (I suspect others have been getting MY mail.) I did not receive my credit card statement this month as of yet, and had to call the c/c company tonight to get my statement balance and was informed it was sent at the beginning of the month as always. If I had a choice, I do away with our postal system completely!

Craig
            Last edited by 8E45E; 10-14-2011, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Another week has slipped by & still no October Turning Wheels. Thats at least a two week delay. Have any Aussie SDC members received their Oct issue yet?

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
              MELBOURNE.

Comment

Don't feel bad Jim ....your not alone
                sigpic

Comment

Still waiting on the left coast as well!
                  Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander
                  Zone Coordinator
                  Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Hi folks,

Welcome to the club. Mine has not arrived yet.

Have a nice week-end
                    sigpic

Comment

Would it make any REAL difference to all you SDC Members outside the USA IFNOVEMBER issue instead of the OCTOBER issue of our fine TURNING WHEELS magazine???

Allow me to explain: At the annual SDC Board of Directors Meeting held during the Springfield IM, one of the Printing Companies vying to get the 2-year SDC contract to PRINT & MAIL our fine TURNING WHEELS magazine made an appeal to our Board & our Editor. That appeal was basically to get all the contents of TW to them earlier so they could print & mail TW to all of us earlier (presumably to get our TW issues on a schedule like most other magazines - i.e. wife received the DECEMBER issue of one of her magazines in the mail yesterday, Oct. 20th).

Naturally, doing as that Printer requested would not speed up the people who actually deliver it to you, however it would get each issue of TW into the "mailing system" earlier in the monthly cycle.

So a question for all our very patient International SDC Members:

Should the TW mailing cycle be earlier for each issue?

Should it be left as is?

Comment

I would put an answer to your question if I knew who I was answering ...........your profile is blank , not sure if this is spam or a real SDCer
                        sigpic

Comment

Definitely SPAM

Comment

I currently receive 2 Hemmings publications by email which I can download to my PC and read at my leisure. Were it possible, would anyone in the hinterlands be interested in a digital copy of Turning Wheels?
                            sigpic
                            Brian Schuppert

71 Buick Riviera
                            41 Studebaker Commander

Comment

Don't have mine yet.

Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X